Author Topic: Thought you all might like to see this one  (Read 2336 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Thought you all might like to see this one
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
This knife was made on the original forge that the original bowie knife was made on.This belongs to my mountain man friend Chuck Streeper.You can google his name and read some about him.He has been mountainmanning since forever,i met him when i was 17,a friend of my uncles,i am now 55.When i was younger he was always gone to the rockies and the Mountain Man museum in Pinedale Wy. but he has settled down some and i get to go see him more often as he teaches skills at schools now.
 I think he said the guy that made it was Don Cannon.He told me this one was made for throwing as it has a certain bow to it and real smooth handle to slide from the hand with a strieght arm throw.He said it is one of two ever made and the great actor Wes Studie has the other one.Very well balanced and the blade is thicker at the cutting area and thinner at the grip,told me he was real good at throwin but has been out of practice for awhile.He used to outdo alot of axe throwers with this and really surprise them.It's a great feeling knife.

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com