Author Topic: Kansas Vigilance Committee  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kansas Vigilance Committee
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:14:32 AM »
  The KVC is an NCOWS affiliated group of old west shooters/ reenactors. we schedule 6-8 events a year,not necessarily on a certain weekend of the month. Most of our events include some type of shooting. we also camp  19th century and try to make our events as much like the time period we are recreating as possible. Some of the events we do annually are 1880s town, where you come in and live 1880s for the weekend, You pick an occupation, earn money pay bills , maybe even have to go to the dueling tree. you could be a buffalo hunter, trapper, cowboy ,lawman, madam , saloon girl, laundress, telegraph operator, bank robber, or any other occupation you could think of. We have a buffalo hunt , where you always have to be on guard against indians or rustlers. In the spring we host an NCOWS regional shoot. The 1st weekend in Nov we are Co-hosting the first national GAF muster.  Most of our events have a theme, ie. sodbuster, or outlaw shoot. We have also taken trips to the Black hills and the Rockies to pan gold. Camped on Roman Nose ridge at Beecher Island, and seen where Billy Dixon fought at Adobe Walls. If you want something a little different than 10-10-4. Look up Trap or Grizzle Bear here or on the NCOWS sight on TFS.   jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Kansas Vigilance Committee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 09:58:02 PM »
A lot of the Kansas CAS folks will get a little taste of "something different" at the GAF Muster.  Trap and Grizzle made up the shooting scenarios.  I think y'all will enjoy shooting CAS KVC style.  I know I do.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »
   RCJ;  We of the KVC are all blushing. Thanks for the complement.  jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:30:19 PM »

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 08:51:52 PM »
Next Saturday, December 11th, will be our annual KVC Dinner at the Golden Ox in KCMO.  This is one of our two "indoor" events each year.  (The other being the Cowboy Movie Festival)  The folks at the Golden Ox really enjoy having us show up in our cowboy/Old West outfits.  Will try to post pictures of this years event when available.

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Llano County Jr.

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 07:29:34 PM »
Howdy Y'all,
I have been an NCOWS member for a few years now but I have not participated in any NCOWS sponsored events other than the National Convention in Waterloo 3 or 4 years ago. I live in the Tulsa, OK area (Broken Arrow to be exact). I have found a few like-minded people in the SASS club that I am a member of and hope to start a NCOWS posse soon. Anyway, would it be possible for you to put me on the KVC e-mail list so that I might attend one of your events or send me a schedule. By the time the Shootist gets to my door, it seems most of the events are over with.

Thanks,
Llano County Jr.
NCOWS 1480

PS. Has NCOWS started allowing guncarts at shoots yet?

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 06:02:34 PM »
  L. C. Jr  The KVC schedule will be out very soon. When it is I will post it here.   jt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com