Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

Cimarron's new American model!

<< < (59/74) > >>

Graveyard Jack:

--- Quote from: Jake MacReedy on August 05, 2022, 04:05:35 PM ---Looking for an 8" barrel in any caliber.  Have been on the list for an 8" .44 since December, 2019.
Jake

--- End quote ---
Only see one 8" on Gunbroker. Now it's all 5" .44's.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939343172

Old No7:
I saw -- and got to handle -- a new Cimarron 5-inch American in .45 Colt at a shop earlier today.  It felt great!  And I had just told the clerk "how much better it handled" than the 7-inch Schofield version that I have in .38 Spcl -- when here comes the shop's big and burly gunsmith; and he quickly draws, snaps open, and empties rounds from a 3" Schofield (also in .45). Then he says "Here, try this one!" and lays it in my eager hands.

The dude -- easily 1.5 times as big as me -- carries a Schofield for personal defense!

It was a beauty for sure!  And I'll admit, I did like the way that it handled.

When the clerk asked "Is that all you carry?" his reply was classic -- "Yup, this is just so I have time to get to my rifle!"  Which, of course, is a slicked up Marlin leveraction in .45 Colt.

The guy (and me too) was born in the wrong century I think.  ;)

Old No7

DeaconKC:
The HKS speedloaders for the Model 29 or Model 25 will work with the Schofields! I tried it and they worked just fine. Who knows, I might try to carry one of mine sometime!

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:

:)  Ah Ha  ;)

Must admit, was a time not too long ago, I lusted after a pair of 3.5 inch Schofields.  Wanted 45s soz I could send 'em off for the Moon Clip modification. 

Youz guyz are giving me that particular LUST all over again.  I am NOT going back to (four letter wurd) just to afford 'em.  No sireee bob I ain't.

Mumble mumble sniffle (allergies)

DeaconKC:
Mentioning 3 1/2" Schofield, I had to send mine in for a factory replacement on the cylinder. One of the chambers was so oversized it would split the fired case from the mouth almost to the web! But they stepped right up and are fixing it for me, just waiting for it to find it's way home from Texas. Makes a nice pair with my 5".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version