Regional Topics > Chinook Country

Frontier Action Shooting in BC

<< < (2/13) > >>

Sir Charles deMouton-Black:
And a lot of South Africa, (Lord Strathcona's Horse), and WWI where Sam was a brigade Commander.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog:
I had an interesting situation regarding an apparent error in Sam Steele's "Forty Years in Canada", when I visited Ft Walsh in 2002. It was regarding the Terry Commission and Sitting Bull at Ft Walsh.

As soon as the Christmas rush is over I'll post it.  With apologies to the Director, John Ford....when the legend becomes fact, print the legend.  In this case it was ...when the legend becomes fact, print the fact.

Merry Christmas

I just received via email, my Shoot invitation to the SASS Regional in Courtney 28 - 31 Aug 08

It is being hosted by The Valley Regulators in Courtney BC.  I have updated the CLUB CONTACT post acccordingly

Advertising:

I did make contact with the R&G in Cranbrook.  There is a posse, but their marshal, Don Michalski is a bit preoccupied at the moment.  I was unable to obtain their schedule, but will keep on top of it

Cranbrook & District Rod & Gun Club
mail;  109 Cranbrook St, Cranbrook BC V1C 3P8
range; 5461 Mission, Ft Steele Rd

Pres. Debbie;  250 421 8441      email;  gunlady1@telus.net

Buffalo Creek Law Dog:
Thanks Sir Charles.  I see that I didn't finish my previous post above.

In Sam Steele's book "My Forty Years in Canada"  He states that the meeting (known as the Terry Commission) between Gen Terry, Comm MacLeod, Sitting Bull et al, was held in the Officer's Mess at Fort Walsh.  Other writers over the years always used Steele's quote in their own works.

So, the last time I was at Fort Walsh, we were in Walsh's residence when the guide stated that this was where the Terry Commission conference took place.

I politely interjected to state that Sam Steele said it took place in the Officer's Mess.  The guide said that was the belief for many years until they recently discovered a primary source document saying it was held in Walsh's residence.

That document was the long lost official minutes of the meeting.

Now, how could Sam Steele be wrong?  Who knows?

I'm a believer that when the legend becomes fact, print the fact.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version