Author Topic: Taylor's Frontier  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Crossdrawnj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
Taylor's Frontier
« on: October 18, 2022, 04:17:48 PM »
I have been checking Taylor's web site periodically for updates on the Frontier model. Much to my surprise I found the Frontier completely deleted from their site today. I messaged and they responded that the model has been discontinued. But, they do have some still in stock and they will be gone once the stock is depleted.  Against my better judgement I called and spoke with the Taylor's representative. He said they have several Frontier models left in .45 LC with a 6.5" barrel in nickel finish. Needless to say I have one coming to my FFL.

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
Re: Taylor's Frontier
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 09:26:51 AM »
That's too bad, I have one in 44 special.  I wonder why they are stopping production. I wish they would start making the double action S&W 9n 44 Russian.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 10:00:54 AM »

Insufficient demand for the product.  With global sales down, maintaining production of guns that aren't selling well is a losing proposition.  Also, introducing guns with a very very limited tiny market share ain't gonna happen neither.

Play Safe Out There

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:00:36 AM »

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 01:29:34 PM »
I suspect a lot of these types of revolvers are going to disappear in the near future.   Along with any chambering other than 45 Colt and .38 special.  A few weeks ago I grabbed the last .44 special type 2 Richards from Midway, doubt I'll see another. 
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Crossdrawnj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »
The rep I spoke to at Taylor's didn't know why they discontinued the frontier.  He was disappointed and surprised they discontinued this model. More than likely coffinmaker called it. The Schofields and Russians are still listed. Sad as I think the New Model 3 style (frontier) is a better looking gun.

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 11:00:35 AM »
Then again cimarron recently introduced the american and i doubt the russians are flying off shelves, so i understand the questioning. You just never know...

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
I agree with Crossdrawnj
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 09:24:18 AM »
If they made the American in .44 American I'd buy one immediately.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Crossdrawnj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 12:40:46 PM »
I am looking for after market stocks for the Frontier when I can transfer it from my FFL guy. I would prefer simulated ivory or pearl.  If anyone knows a link I would be appreciate the help.  I ran out of search ideas.

Offline Cheyenne Logan

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 5269
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 05:18:50 PM »
 ;D   I just got one, local shop had special ordered one for a customer who backed out of it.......they gave me a good deal, I thought, so it came home with me!  I have handled Schofields, Russians, and Americans, and have to say the NM #3 is the best feeling of the top break varients......mine's 45 Colt and shoots dead on!  It has quickly become my favorite, or a close second as my 1881 vintage Lightning is my favorite.

Major, which model grip is that you have on yours?   Vintage lists 2 seperate grips, both say they are fpr the SA NM 3, #3917G & 3919G, I got a response from them saying the grips are made to different spec's, but they haven't gotten back as to what the difference is........That is a really good look for this revolver.

Tammy told me it was Uberti who discontinued this model, shame as it is a great piece.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 06:13:11 PM »
Honestly, I can't say if it's either, or even the manufacture, I put them on 10 years ago... sorry

I just know the fit was just near dead nuts on, except I had to adjust for the idle pin about 1/16" off.
I just opened it up the needed amount and then used Gorilla Epoxy, put the grips on with a releasing agent and let it set.   Once the black epoxy glue set up and filled out the little enlarged hole you could not even tell it was altered.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1174
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 09:21:38 PM »
I suspect a lot of these types of revolvers are going to disappear in the near future.   Along with any chambering other than 45 Colt and .38 special.  A few weeks ago I grabbed the last .44 special type 2 Richards from Midway, doubt I'll see another.
I seriously doubt the Type 2 in .44 will go away.  Cimarron is still the exclusive importer, and they sell more .44's than .38's of that model.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com