Author Topic: First Match  (Read 123983 times)

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: First Match
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2007, 12:37:01 AM »
Trail Boss & Matts,
Arcey said it real well.  I'll just throw in a "fer instance":  There was once this fellar what loved shootin' his BP cap & ball revolvers.  This was like 19 years ago exactly, less a month! (EOT was held in April there @ Coto de Caza).  Anyhow, this fellar was shooting an 1851 Colt Navy.   During the reloading of his cylinders he was interrupted by his son, a feisty 9+ year old.   'Caused a slight hitch in this here fellars loading sequence.

On to his next stage.  It seems that you were locked in a cell, facing up range, the shooter had to grab some keys, "unlock" the cell door and step outside.  Leanin' agin' the wall of the cell was yer rifle loaded with some 8 or 9 or 10 shots.  After putting the rifle down, you picked up your revolver and engaged 5 knockdown targets the size of small houses.  Or at least they looked that large.  After engagin' the knockdowns, the shooters moved to a hay bale and fetched up a shotgun and engaged another 4 targets.

Anyway, knowing the the knockdowns didn't go down I this unnamed competitor turned to the RO to ask whether all the pistol targets were misses, or just hit too low.  Much to his consternation, the RO, Spotters, Scorer and all the shooters and spectators were laughing hysterically!  The RO, who deserves hangin' for the following line, said, "I don't know where your balls are, but them little bitty Wonder Wads ain't got enough mass to take down them targets!  You know your alias is now "No Balls ....."!

I haven't heard of anyone topping that for stupidity, er, entertainin', so I'd not worry one bit about 1st match jitters.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Life

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2007, 04:44:23 PM »
Shot my first match today. Was I nervous? Yup!!!! Just like a teenager on his first date.

One of my biggest fears was not holstering my pistols properly and dropping them. I got over that and was able to settle down. I was pleased that  my weapons did not malfunction. I must admit that it is one thing to shoot leisurely at paper targets and another to shoot at steel targets on a competitive basis.

I was very impressed with the great emphasis on safety and gun handling.

Many thanks to Huckleberry and the Bristol Plains Pistoleros for all of their help and for making a first time shooter feel comfortable. I'm really looking forward to my next match.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »
OK  here goes, my 1st match.

Before I get into all the stuff I did WRONG on my 1st let me give you some of my shooting history and exactly why I got into SASS.

I come from a long time as a competitive shooter.  Started back in high school when JROTC was still a good thing and we were allowed to have an armory at school and a shooting range.  I remember well the remmington 513T match masters.  When I went to college, I carried my shooting to the college team.  We graduated to the anshutz.  What a piece of hardware.   After I graduated and went into the Marines, I shot both rifle ( M-16 and M-14) and pistol (the ol reliable 1911A1) competitively.  After a short lived carrer in the Marines (thank's Beriut '83) I retained my shooting skills with an older 1911 I had purchased and an M-1 grand from the DCM ( back when you could get one for less than a hundred dollars).  I truly enjoyed the shoulder to shoulder competition.  Something went wrong with the shooting sports somewhere around 1992 to 94.  Maybe it was even farther than that but its when I took notice.  It became no longer fun.  It became an ordeal for absolute accuracy where nothing else mattered but the win, place or show.  It no longer was a game of fun competition, but a serious event involving very expensive "techno" guns.  The guy that came up to have fun, enjoy some comradship with his fellow shooters, and exhibit some of his marksmanship skills with the firearm he had was a think of the past.  I know, I found myself caught up in it too.  I spent thousands of dollars on the latest greatest custom noise maker that I forgot all about the important thing.  Enjoyment.  It got way too competitive that the average guy that had good marksmanship skills and was a good shot with his M-1, or M-1A, or springfield, or AR-15 (out of the box) didnt stand a chance against the super built star wars rifles.  Not only that, folks at the range quit talking to each other and quit helping out each other for fear of giving away their "trade secrets".  Not only that, but if you showed up without one of those fancy dancy shooting irons, you got laugh at with remarks like how do you expect to be competitive with that.  It was just not fun anymore.

So I got into IPSC and found similar attitudes and expenses.  I went to IDPA.  That was fun and to more what I was looking for.

I got into CAS quite by accident.  Guess you could call me a big kid at heart.  I found at a pawn shop several years ago an older Ruger Vequero in 45 Colt for a penance.  I purchased it and took it to the range.  IT was heavy, it took about 40 pounds of pull on the hammer to cock it and about half that to squeeze the trigger.  It kicked like a muel with full charge loads.  And it shot way low and to the left.  I loved IT!     Fortunately for me there was a guy at the range sighting in his arms and asked me if I would be interested in CAS.  He explained it to me and I was excited like a kid with a new toy.  He also recommended to me a good gunsmith that could tune the ruger for me.  At the time, All I could afford was to get the pistol sighted in.

Well  about a year later, I finally collected my firearms, costume, handle and showed up.  I purchased another vequero, bought leather of the internet, had me a winchester 94 (trapper AE) and a stoger dbl 20 gage. 

My 1st match, here I show up with just about full charge loads ( near the high end of the rules on velocity both rifle and pistol) 45Colt 255 grain lyman cast RNFP.  My costume was a hodge podge of my mountain man stuff I used with my boy scouts combined with some of my renaissance festible stuff.   What a sight!.     I got lost at the range, forgot what posse I was in, and had to have the instructions repeated to me about 4 times.  here I am with this el chepo leather rig with cross draw holster (got called on the angle several times - the judges took pity on me being my first.)  As I pull my pistols and start to shoot - BOOM! from the full charges.  Did you knoe that some of the older Ruger vequeros back strap are so square that they actually will cut and shave your thumb if you hold it just right.  OK  I empty the second pistol and start moving before I holster it. WRONG.  I get to my winchester 94 AE with an 18" barrel.  (I forgot to tell you, I pick it up at a sporting goods going out of business sale.  I didnt realize that until I got to the loading table, I could only get 9 rounds of 45 Colt in the tube......)  So I fired the 9 rounds, and had to reload one from my pocket.  Put the rifle down, went over to pick up the shotgun, dropped a shell on the ground, fumbled around, got 2 rounds off, missed one, fumbled around with the breach, removed the stuck casing, and got the next two off.     Oh, I won the green horn award too.  It was all in good fun.   And the best thing I can say is that everyone came over to me to offer condolense and encouragement.  A lot related to me their challenges on their 1st match.  Also, a couple of the club officers and a couple of the great shooters informed me they were having a clinic for new shooters in about 6 weeks and I was invited.   hmmmmm   was I really that bad?   anyway, I showed up and got a lot of great and free advice and help.

Where to go from there, I took both Rugers in to my gunsmith for a true tune up job, trigger jobs, springs.  As an experiment, I bought a box of 45 scholfield and found they work perfectly in both the rugers and the winchester.  I can get 10 of them in the tube and they function.  I straighten out the cross draw holster and had the chamber of the stoger polished.   My next matches were a lot better.

Now that I guess you could say I have graduated from green horn, over the last couple of years I have noticed CAS going the way of what I experienced in formal match shooting.   Most of the clubs (and secernio's) are catering to speed and the light load.  Though I have lighten my loads up myself, they still crono at 750 to 800 fps with a lee 200 grain bullet.  Still pretty stout but a lot less than the 255 at 1000 fps.   Now, am I one for a power factor to be incorporated in the rules,   eh   no.  keep the for IPSC.   But I would certainly like to see swinging targets and knock down targets come back.  And pistol targets greater than 30 feet.     Keep it fun guys and gals, thats whats its all about.  When the enjoyment of the masses shrinks to the enjoyment of the few, we'll certainly see a lot more hang up their guns
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 04:55:09 AM »

Offline Four Eyed Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Welcome to Deadwood
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:14 PM »
My first match was to say the least amateur procedural errors lost of misses jams. Out of 48 I came out #48, but you know what I had a blast and a half. The next shoot I came in out of 39 #38. If I live long enough I may get into the single digits. Really doesn't matter it is fun and that is what it should be about. Everyone starts somewhere and getting better makes it even more fun.  ;D ;D ;D
Great Fun, Great People, Great guns what more could you ask for! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Younger life I was a LEO.

About 10 years ago, Son and I drove thru a snow storm to watch the Cutter’s Raiders at Paradise Pass.

After the match Midnite Desperado let the boy fire a pistol.  Son’s eyes were as big as saucers.

On the way home we deicide this was something we could enjoy together.  What caliber?  45 I was told!

Well 3 or 4 years later between us we had 2 pistols, ’66 rifle (all in 45 Colt) and 311 Stevens SxS.

Off we head to Paradise Pass.  Stage 1 went alright if’n you don’t count the 12 gauge rounds that I’d dribbled all over the stage (didn’t have pockets so I stuffed them behind the home made holster belt).

Stage two I went into automatic mode.  Pull the pistol, cock and bring sights unto target as I gently squeeze the trigger.  Now this is how I was trained as a LEO with a DOUBLE ACTION revolver.  Doesn’t work with a single action.  I put a bullet hole thru the stage roof.

Well I was upset with myself and wasn’t sure what to do.  So I finished the stage, unloaded and put my guns away.  I decided I was finished for the day. 

Match Director came up to me with a look on his face that he had a very unpleasant task to perform.  I was MD.  No problem on my end.  Even the Son told me not to do that again!

So I picked up brass for the rest of the match.

Before we attended another match we got good leather; clip on belt shell holders for the SxS.  And I practiced to break the habit of cocking, squeezing before gun is pointed down range.

For a while when I paid my entry fee, I included an extra $1 for roof repair.  This would help me remember NO MORE HOLES IN STAGE ROOFS!

They never did fix that roof......
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »
It was at Oconomowoc.  More about learnin' than about worryin'.  Came my turn and I pulled both sixguns and had at it.  Holstered 'em and picked up my rifle.  Rifle didn't like Lyman 429421 Keith boolits none.  Stovepiped, jammed, had to shoot one at a time.  Shotgun wouldn't stay open.  I was slower than a glacier.  Scared, nervous, worried, probly not.  I was too dumb to know any better.  Pair A Dice, a great RO and a great Pard, helped me quietly to make sure I didn't sweep myself by getting one gun out in front of the other too far.  Thanks Dice, I never forgot that kindness.

But. . . . I had FUN!

Only a year or so later did a pard tell me I was supposed to have a year's experience under my belt before I shot Gunfighter. :-[  "Oh well", I answered, "Whut do I do with the other hand?".  So, I've never shot nuthin' but Gunfighter.  Always did it with Holy Black cuz I wanted to.

I kept comin' back, cuz it's fun.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Sgt. Eli

• Very Active Citizen
  • areeba
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »
I  was always interested in the old west and had always had some type of cowboy gun when I read about CAS. That sounded really fun. Well I found there was a club about 90 miles away, that's not too bad so I started loking for a Rossi hammer gun. I bought one when they first came out because hammer guns are just cool, but had traded it off at some point. I scoured the countryside, every gunshop and gunshow around and couldn't find one. Meanwhile I got involved in paintball, and tournaments and CAS went on the back burner for a year or so. Then I'm in the gunshop in a neighboring town and there's aflier for a CAS club match...and it's less than 40 miles from the house. I went over and watched, then it took me a couple of months to get the gear, 2 Ruger Vaqueros, a Rossi 92 SRC, and a Norinco hammer gun, for clothes I purchased a Rough Riders uniform from the movie....I was set. Went to my first match, they walked me thru it and like most I ended up missing targets that were impossible to miss. Had a great time, didn't come in last,  and could hardly wait for the next month. After the second match one of the guys said "Hey, you need to go with us next Saturday we're shooting at another club." uhhhh ok. Fell in with that bunch and before I knew it we were shooting 3 matches a month, Nason Illinois, Effingham Illinois, and Boaz Kentucky....then 4 matches a month. I have shot 4 matches a monthe for the past 7 years now.

Last year me and my pards camped at Hooten for the Kentucky State Match and I brought a video of when we all started way back then....what a hoot. Loadin' shotgun shells in a sxs one at a time.. ;D We shot a stage called Speedy Gonzales...10~10~6 on very large dump targets....back then if you shot it anywhere under 30 seconds that was amazing....now our guys shoot it in 14-18 seconds....Best I can do is around 21 but I shoot duelist and use a hammered SxS.
~Marion County Renegades~
TG for Lakewood Marshals
Guns of August Midwest Regional~1st Classic Cowboy~2007
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2006
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2007
Missouri State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2004
Tennessee State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2008

Offline No Buk Chuck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »
My first match. Whoow I was all nerves. I'm not alot better at a big match now. That first stage is the one. My son and I had probbally loaded about as stiff as we could. But ya know it was such a rush when I walked over to the unloading table. Whoow I was hooked for sure. And it still is but after a few years its the people you meet and getting to see the ones youv'e met that makes this sport so fun!

Offline Texean

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2008, 09:40:46 AM »
well i am going to my first match this weekend. i am going to be a spectator. i am going to watch the pungo posse, hopefully i can meet some people and enjoy myself. i have been in love with the cowboy era since a small child and finally have the means to get into it slowly  ;) i hope to get the nerve up to shoot some day. after reading yalls first experience i dont feel so worried about mine lol. i would like to thank you all for sharing your stories it is a immence help for a prospective new shooter such as mysellf. once again Thanks All

Offline RugerBob

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2008, 05:40:37 AM »
 Well, I went to my 1st match yesterday. I was really nervous. Only knew 2 people there and had not even seen a match before. I had my share of misses and dings, but I had a great time. I was so nrevous on my 1st scenerio that when I was going for my 1st shotgun target that I somehow managed to pull both triggers at the same time. What a bang that was!!!!!!!!.  By the 3rd scenerio I was pertty comfortable. For being in my early 40s I felt like a kid again in a good way. The wife and I had a great time and are looking forward to the next match.,  Bob

Offline JP Riley

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:36 PM »
Well now, it started when I took my lovely wife to the shooting range to teach her some gun safety and let her do some plinking with the 10/22. (She has since claimed it as her own)

Next bay over there was a bunch of people all dressed up looking like they was doing a cowboy movie or something! We watched them for a while and I started thinking that I could do this, after all I shot IPSC for several years, and was looking to get back into the shooting game.

time occurs..... I show up to my 1st match at the local club, raise my hand when they ask who is a new shooter (tried real hard to make sure it didn't shake much) and they set me up with an ole timer to watch over me.

Now I admit that I was feeling pretty darn confident, after all I was an ex-IPSC shooter and knew all about speed and accuracy. (Side note: you would think that after 50+ years I would learn that humble pie buttered with crow is not a tasty dish!)

Well I stepped up to the plate, zeroed my laser sharp focus down range on those vermin, and told the man with the timer to "let'er rip" (Side note: Muscle memory is a funny mistress, even after several years of not shooting a 1911 style pistol, someone forgot to tell my hands!) Well I jerked that hogleg outa' the leather slid my thumb down the left side to clear the safety and squeezed the trigger, and squeezed the trigger, I said go bang ya' hunk of steel!! ???

The stage RO whisper in my ear "ya' gotta' cock it first" and from there it all went down hill :-\

By stage 3 I started to ring some steel and even though I was running low on ammo and shot shells, I figured I had just enough to finish the match if I took the extra time to point the hardware in the right direction. (somebody said something about a front sight!)

I had so much fun my 1st match, laughing and crying and swearing and shaking and laughing and meeting great people that I just finished my 1st year as a cowboy shooter. Yep I still have some of that competitive edge from the dark years, but I temper it with the fun and good people I hang with at the matches.

Of all the shooting sports I have tried,this by far and above is the absolute best, best fun, best guns, best people, best hobby ;D

JP Riley

Offline Cpt_Invictus

• Citizen
  • It's all about the hat.
    • Ga. Volunteer Cavlary
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »
Oh no!! there has got to be more than this!!  I read every single thread and I am loven it!  My first match is a long way off but this information is helpen me like nothen you can believe.  More sotries folks!  you guys tell good ones!
I have 2 guns, one for each of you...

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »
Do keep us posted, Willie!

Your obvious enthusiasm is a wonderful reminder to all of us of our own excitement over getting into this great sport! 

;D
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline HISEASCOWBOY

• Gunfighter Extraordinaire
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »
My first match was a disaster  ::).  I had only one pistol so that's how I shot the match.  Thank God the local club had a class for it so I thought I'd have a chance to be competitive in my first match.  That was my first mistake "thinking"  ;D,  There was one stage that was shotgun only with 12 rounds to me fired.  I'd been practicing with my Mule-Eared double so while I knew I wouldn't be blazing fast I was shocked to hear my time of over 120 seconds  :o .  Then there was one stage when just as the buzzer went off sweat from under my hat poured into my eyes and onto the back of my glasses.  I blinked and shook my head as I was drawing my gun and touched the trigger before I should've sending a round into the pavement and some lead splatter into the never region of the ROCowford regulators working the timer on that stage.  Thank God he was only bruised a little according to him(I"ll take his word).  This was in Jacksonville FL and the match was with the Cowford Regulators on a hot summer day.  I was lucky that they let me come back after that.  I've gone on to shoot some clean matches and become the TG for the club I currently shoot at.  Oh yeah I'm a lot safer to shoot around now a days.
SASS #47661L SBSS #1092 BOLD #737
IC1(SW/AW) USN(Retired)
Shellback, Blue Nose, Order of the Ditch, Golden Dragon
RO2
Camp 44 Founding member

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
Well,
today is December the 28th, 2008.  And my range report is as follows:
I didn't go.

why?  Don't worry I'm not having a change of heart, actually the exact opposite.

I'm saddened by not going, but I deliberately chose not to because I have no extra funds, I have no guns, I have no way to commit.  I feel that I have to earn into this great group, and I don't want to make any empty promises about joining SASS and NCOWS without having the solid ability of doing so. 
Right now, thanks to the economy my businesses have tanked practically, I'm still in school so it's hard to work for someone else around here... don't get me started on that.  And I just don't want to shake and give my word I'll be back to my second match with a SASS # when I can't even afford the cost of membership, let alone the ammo, the powder, the guns, the costume, the range fees.
So I'm an armchair gunman, and I'm proud to say I now have 5 3" binders full of resources for different aspects of this sport and my persona.  I just don't have the means to actually get there...yet.  Tomorrow is another Monday, and an interview at 2pm.  After that, maybe I can officially kick myself in the butt for not going today.  But my word is my bond, I've been raised that way because way back when illiteracy was rampant, a handshake was better than a signature.  I can't give that handshake yet.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »
Howdy Willie  ;D

Listen Pard we've all been there, at least most of us, not too many of us were born into money, so please don't feel bad, and I appreciate your honesty, just remember this is a COWBOY bunch of pards, which is a WHOLE lot different than the norm. I got started slow too, it takes time to put all this together not to mention money, but if you want to do it bad enough you will, just make up you mind to do it and that it's going to take time, So I guess what I'm saying is WE'LL KEEP A LIGHT ON FOR YA PARD.. ;) :D join in when you can , or just come and watch, course if you do some pard just might stick a gun in your hand and say go to it, either way it will be here for you when you're ready. ;)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2008, 07:20:28 PM »
Thanks Ten Wolves,

I'm here, just not quite at the range yet.  Hopefully by the January match I'll have the means to be able to go.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »
Willie Dixion,

Do not let not having the proper equipment stop you.  Go out to a shoot, have enough money to pay the match fee, and a little extra to offer to help defray the expense of ammo, you will probably be told no thanks but it does not hurt to ask. Curly Cole and I go to each match with extra guns, ammo and leather, we are alway looking to get people interested in our sport.  This is the only sport that I have ever been in that if something breaks or does not work you have six to ten people offering you their guns or extras to shoot if your are not working.  We normally shoot Silver Queen or the Cowboys and you are more then welcom to join us.  A good way for someone starting out is to shoot differert pistols and rifles to keep from making costly mistakes when getting their own equipment.  I am in this sport due to many people helping me out and this is the way that I can repay the kindness.  So do not let not haveing the equipment stop you throw on a set of cowboy boots, or hikeing boots a long sleeve shirt and blue jeans and you are almost there just need a hat.  Hope to see you soon.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
Our club host a couple of .22 Cowboy matches every year, real cheap shooting, and makes it easy for people to get a handle on the sport.  We are planning on doing an open .22 Charity match for 2009 so that anybody can show up with any kind of .22 pistol or rifle, a good way to get new blood into the sport.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Offline Nevada Mark

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »
If all goes well next week I will have a good story to tell -- It will be my first match -- I suppose closing your eyes and pulling the trigger is out of the question  :o

Aim Small - Miss Small = A Ture Statement

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com