Author Topic: Pyrodex/Ballistol (Long Post)  (Read 32746 times)

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Pyrodex/Ballistol (Long Post)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 03:56:46 PM »
Now I have a question, why do you have to keep bringing cats into discussions involving Cammie, when you know your views on them get her all riled up?  >:(

And that's a DARN good question.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 05:15:38 PM »
My oh my.......... 

Whut was it Holiday said ta Earp when Earp introduced 'im ta Behan?  Take out 'Wyatt' 'n insert 'Tom'......

That's been there four days 'n nobody noticed nuttin' 'til ya opened yer pie trap.  Now ya got Cammy askin' questions I doan wanna answer..........

I do believe I've been 'moderated'

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »
I use Ballistol to clean my guns, usually the day after I shoot.
APP in the pistols and rifle. (Ruger Bisleys and 73 Uberti Winchester clone.)
777 and Clearshot in the double.

Usually just spray them down after shooting, then a good cleaning the next day. I go inside the 73 after four or five matches.
No problems whatsoever. They look like new inside.

Now, I wanna hear more about skinning them cats,we got several 'round here that need it.  ;)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:46:02 AM »

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »
Ya know for sure everyone has a different way of cleaning their shootin irons .. odd thing , been shootin with the same pards with the same shootin irons for a long time now ... the pard that comes in first every shoot does a sloppy job of cleaning and the pard that comes in last every time ... does a total strip down bath tub scrubbin after every match .. i bought one of those new fangle bore lights ya turn on and drop down the barrel of a front stuffer and sugested we take a look at some bores ... to everyones supprise , everyones bores looked bright and shinny ... so who was really doing a sloppy job of cleaning .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline Wildcat Will

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 05:38:34 AM »
Arcey and I will work at the tailgates of our trucks spraying down the guns after a match.  The shotguns git a spray and a paper towel put through both barrels and it is done until the next match.  Cuts I am with you on not being able to let them sit.  When I git home, usually a couple hours later, I will spray them down a little more let them sit for another bit until I clean up the brass and get something to eat.  I run a patch through the barrels first of the rifle and pistols to get the majority of the stuff out.  Then I put a snake through which has been sprayed down with Ballistol and the barrels are done.  Do the same for the cylinders of the RVs.  A little work on what I can easily get to and I am done until the next match.

I decided to open up both RVs and the Marlin about a month ago to clean out the guts.  What a waste of time.  There was hardly anything to clean.  I will probably still do the major cleaning once a year just because.  I should say I shoot 250 gn Big lube 45 boolets in the RVs and the Marlin with about 36 gns of Cowboy Goex behind them.  Chronographed them a couple of matches ago and they were running about 800 fps out of the RVs.  

Cammie I you are even considering moving to the glory of the darkside ...... just do it.  You will find that cleaning and loading are no more effort than shootin that silly smokeless stuff and it is fun to watch the unknowing run from the smoke.  He He He
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com