Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 131711 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »
Keep lookin', cuz. He stuck 'round the area for a spell last visit. Ain't thinkin' he'll go ta Argo tho.

Think, by the reported plotted courses, I've seen 'im several times but I can't be sure. Carolanne Farms was a haunt. Spent nights at Trashmore 'n the golf course. The man-made lake off Greenwich Road.

Right sure I had 'im at Pungo some time ago. Rains over filled Back Bay 'n the fish swam inta the fields. Water drained back 'n left 'em land locked. Saw three juveniles. Fits the time frame. Don't know if he was either one but that's where he was for several days, enjoyin' the buffet.

Never gotten close enough ta see the bands or the transmitter's antenna.

Interested ta see how far north Gracie goes.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
I don't count on seeing any of them this far south. I am sure i follow the Tenneessee River and all those ccc dammed up puddles i'd find a cousin r two.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:14 AM »
The Cawfee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy! The weather folks are predicting 100 for today. These are the dog days of summer around here, September will only be hotter.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2014, 05:37:49 AM »
Suspect so, Roo.

Mornin', y'all.

Mid eighties 'n a suspiciously absent chance of the afternoon rains. Had all the summer I want, Tex.

Thinkin' on pokin' holes in paper followed up with hard thought on what I'm gonna eat this evenin'.

For some reason, rollin' up a few 'taters in foil 'n stickin' 'em in the l'il red one seems like the proper thing ta do. Maybe the rest'll come to me in an vision.

One thing more:

Report: Va. Beach one of most conservative cities

The Virginian-Pilot
© August 7, 2014

Virginia Beach joins Oklahoma City, Okla., and Mesa, Ariz., as some of the most conservative cities in the country, according to two researchers.

The report by two professors from UCLA and MIT looked at average public policy preferences of residents in the 51 cities with populations of more than 250,000, according to the Arizona Republic. They then examined whether the preferences were reflected in city operations and tax policies.

Mesa was judged by the professors to be the most conservative city in the nation, followed by Oklahoma City and Virginia Beach. San Francisco was the most liberal city, followed by Washington, D.C., and Seattle, Wash.

I had no idea the rest of the country was in such sad shape.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2014, 05:57:14 AM »
Me neither! Arcey, You haven't lived until you have spent a summer up here. It will be hot around here past Labor Day, maybe Halloween. Our winter is from January-March, and back to hot again in April.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2014, 06:48:14 AM »
Makes you wonder how many cities they polled.

Thanks for the coffee..

Gonna pay a few bills and stock the pantry some today down to last of corn cobs. Things are ruff here but it is fixing to really stink. ;)

Got a shift to work tonight 13 hours.  

Headed to mid 90's today now 74 82% humidity.....
Hummingbird feeders are all active already this morning will have to top them off later.
Mathew 5.9

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 48 and sunny. High of 82.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
I'm here, was off 2 days, pewter is still at SIL's shop, should call and give him a hard time, but I bet paying customers come first.  He's doing real well, has a store front now.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »
His own shop, nice. Congrat the man for me, Del.

Can take the 'sperimental' tag off the AutoComp, 115 gn. jacketed, 9mm load. They go right where they're aimed out the G26. Let one slip out the twenty – kinda bad. Knew it when I let it loose. Two more what didn't quite cut red. The load out shoots me, I'm happy.

10/22 is still high/right at 11 yards. Ain't worried 'bout the high part. The right part irks me. Hafta smack the front sight o'er a bit more 'n try it again next week.

Gots me some horseradish sauce from the off site on the way back. Hadda a vision. There's fish in my future. It's all M2, Roo 'n Tom's fault.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »
I think there's some fish in my future too.

Been takin care of some overdue maintenance before I go back to school. Saw the eye doc yesterday morning, got new lenses on the way. Saw the oncologist at 13:30, had some blood drawn & said "see ya in three months."  Had a cyst removed at 19:00, looked like a chunk of gristle about the size of my thumb. This morning was the dentist. Three new fillings & an appointment for two more next Tuesday.

At least I won't have to take any sick leave the first week or so ::)

Skipped breakfast & lunch is on hold till my new fillings have a chance to harden up. Still leaning toward some fish.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
Picked up some medium shrimps thinking of trying shrimp and grits thingy.  Got a steak for the grill thing this weekend and fixing for the fish tacos. Fresh stock of paper products. This store didn't have iam's, still need to make a wal mart or tractor supply.  Enough running for today. A/c rest of the day.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Got 76 sunny with a nice breeze here, Whut Arcey calls a bonus day.
Arcey, on the 10-22, check the barrel tension screws that hold the barrel on, if one  or both of them loosens it can cause the problem you're having.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2014, 05:45:19 AM »
I'll start a pot.

59, partly cloudy. Looking at 80's for today. Have a light post to move today, maybe put the one in at the new home site. Clean the pool today as well.

Trumpet stuff is getting busy, concert Wednesday night, practice for wife's alumni band last night. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:11 AM »
Thanks for the coffee Buck- had a couple Tstorms late yesterday, more predicted today. Was needing some rain
Mathew 5.9

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 47 and sunny. High of 83.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2014, 06:45:03 AM »
I'll check on that, Maj. Thankee. Still ain't got much info on the match but hearin' he's plannin' on usin' the 20” circles 'n squares, CAS distances for rifles 'n pistol. Ain't gotta be real precise with the aim.

Mornin'.

'Nother yestitty. Supposed ta break off a l'il cooler tomorrow. Kinda wish I had a pool ta jump in from time ta time.

Fish was nice. Horseradish'll open the sinuses. When ya ain't had the genuine article inna while 'n ya get used ta the diluted stuff at Arby's, the first shot's kind of a shock. Baked 'tater 'n small salad rounded things out. Gonna need 'nother vision for the evenin'. Gotta go back ta Sam's - again. Nathan's'll take care of lunch.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »
Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. Another triple digit day in store. I sorta slept in this morning. Breakfast on hold for awhile this morning.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
Mornin' y'all.

Got a bit of a day today.  Be headed to the town of Mt. Shasta today, picking up some batteries for an internet repeater site.  After we get back to Redding, we'll be going to go look at a pickup.  '89 Mazda B2200.  It's a diesel, with a 5-speed.  According to the seller, it gets about 40mpg.  I can live with that type of mileage! 8)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Here's a picture I took yesterday.  This is a combined cloud of t-storms and smoke from a large fire.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com