Author Topic: Shooting Groups to Diagnose Problems  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Doc Shapiro

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Handmade Pistol Grips
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting Groups to Diagnose Problems
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:28:55 PM »
Periodically it's a good idea to check to see if you have developed any bad habits. 

At a Steel Challenge match, I discovered that I was consistently shooting under targets.  I went to the range for a practice session and found that I was shooting low on the Cowboy sized targets.  Over to paper!

Yup, I developed a bad habit.  I started pushing the gun down a little as I was squeezing the trigger.  I think this was done to help with recoil when I was shooting 45's while my 38's were in the shop.  I would never have discovered that without shooting small dots on paper.  It's taking a long time to fix this so I think I must have been doing it for quite a while.

Shoot dots once in a while to see if you've developed any bad habits.  You might have to video tape yourself to check.

It's worth doing once every month or 2.

Doc

Offline Laredo Crockett

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Shooting Groups to Diagnose Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:46:15 PM »
Doc, I agree with you entire. All the habits I got are bad. Iffen I was capable of shootin' a group, I would do it.                 Crockett

Offline El Deguello

• Very Active Citizen
  • Shoot, don't talk.
    • el dugello bugle call trumpeted  by the Moors  around AD 711 under  Tariq ibn-Ziyad.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 03:34:54 PM »
In respect of God, Country & Flag. 
http://www.freewebs.com/eldeguello/index.htm

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:35:57 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com