Author Topic: Another Chiappa  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Peter72

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another Chiappa
« on: January 21, 2021, 03:29:47 AM »
Exciting times. Finally picked up my new Chiappa Spencer Carbine in 45 Colt today.
Lovely looking rifle and will shoot it tomorrow.
Had to seat projectiles (Lee 250gn) a bit deeper to feed properly but thanks to this forum I was already aware of this.
I'll update how it shoots for those that may be interested.

Offline Peter72

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Another Chiappa
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:14 PM »
Well, I put 20 or so shots through it and it's going back to get fixed.
The hammer wont stop at half cock and 90% of the time it won't stop at full cock. Even had one shot go off as I was getting ready to shoot.
Pretty disappointed.

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 10:13:36 PM »
Ah, that's too bad. Sorry about that :(

Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:09:48 PM »

Offline shilohdiver

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
How could that leave a factory in that shooting/safety compromising condition?? Is there no final product inspection....especially a rifle to be purchased by the public??

Offline Herbert

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »
Check to see if the trigger is moving freely ,it should be slightly loose so it does not trip the hammer

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 08:17:40 PM »
How could that leave a factory in that shooting/safety compromising condition?? Is there no final product inspection....especially a rifle to be purchased by the public??
they keep doing this stuff (just intermittent no pattern to it) I bought a Chiappa 1886 from my LGS - second hand and a few hundred under new price - not a mark on it and had fired six shots - salesman gave me a story how it kicked the bloke too hard and he came in and backtraded it - got it home - it would not feed a round from the magazine - rim would not fit all the way in the carrier - wuzgonna take it back - I fired six blackpowder rounds off a rest with a decent tang sight on - too nice of a group to let it go so I chose to fix it myself - no turning back from that course - I learnt a lot about 86's in the process (had a Browning 71 on the rack so had something to copy from as far as how its sposed to work) Know several other blokes with Chiappas and they love em - my son has one of those Spencer 45 colts - looks a million bucks and runs just like its sposed to. I really like that they are proper copies - no lawyer crap to get rid of - but how much would it cost in the factory to run some dummy rounds through and just make sure the thing functioned ?     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com