CAS TOPICS > NCOWS

GAF Muster Attendance Assured!

(1/2) > >>

RattlesnakeJack:
Well Folks, the last potential impediment to my planned attendance at the GAF Muster has disappeared, as of today!  My BATF Form6NIA approval just arrived by fax!

Now I suppose I must decide exactly which of the 17 different firearms listed thereon, which I am approved to import, I'll actually bring along to Muster!   :-\

Have a total of seven (7) different revolvers listed, but may limit myself to one or more (backup, y'know) of the .455 Webley revolvers, and maybe will also bring along the NWMP .476 MkII Enfield revolver. Similar decisions to be made among the three (3) different .45 Colt leverguns approved, and the four (4) long-range rifles....  Be nice to bring 'em all, but I doubt i'll have room!

I am miffed with myself for one thing, however!  I plumb forgot to include my beautiful 1914-made WWI Canadian-purchase M1911 Colt, and ammo, for the Wild Bunch match!!!  :'

(  I'm going to get on the phone (or check online) to confirm whether I can submit a separate application for that ....    If not - or if I can't get approval in time - can anyone supply me with a suitable pistol and supply of ammunition?  (For which I will gladly pay, of course!)

Lou Graham:
RJ, you are welcome to use my REAL Colt's Model of 1911 WWI re-issue.  (this ain't some clone -- it's a Colt)

It's very smooth & tight and has real pretty Dough Turnbull blue finish.  Lovely gun, one of the nicest I own.  Period correct crappy sights  ;D

We'll be shipping out our ammo ahead and I have tons of .45 ACP made special for WB.

I'd be happy to share with you.
I just LOVE Wild Bunch.  It's a hoot!

RattlesnakeJack:
Many thanks for that kind offer, Miz Lou!  Just might have to take you up on it, if I can't get my brainfade "fixed"!

The wording of your post makes me wonder if you are thinking that my 1911 in the above picture is a modern copy or clone .... ?   :-\   

Actually, it too is a REAL Colt, in gorgeous, un-refinished condition - 1914 commercial production (as were all 5000 of the pistols purchased by Canada that year for issue to the Canadian Expeditionary Force) and thus has the high-polish fire-blue finish (the "streaks" visible ont he slide in the pic below are the reflection of tree branches) and nicely checkered walnut grips.  It was acquired from Government stores by a Major in the Canadian Army Service Corps (as in the British Army, Canadian officers at that time still had to outfit themselves with all weapons, uniforms and equipment at their own expense.)  Following WWI that owner retained the pistol until 1942, when it was purchased from him by a freshly commissioned Lieutenant whose subsequent assignments never took him into action.  He retained it safe and sound until I got if from him just a couple of years ago.  Probably hasn't been fired more than a few hundred times - in fact it still so tight that it has a rather dreadful trigger pull.  Why would I shoot such a piece, you may well ask?  Because that's what it was made for!  ;D

Advertising:

Steel Horse Bailey:
Yes!  BY ALL MEANS, SHOOT IT!!!

I can't afford guns that are only meant to be look at and admired.

Besides; IMHO, a gun you can't shoot is merely a paperweight. ;) 8)

RattlesnakeJack:

--- Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on September 23, 2005, 01:17:58 PM ---... a gun you can't shoot is merely a paperweight. ;) 8)
--- End quote ---

I agree wholeheartedly - what is a bit sad, in my view, is that other than carriage during war service apparently neither of the previous owners even employed this pistol as a paperweight! (If they had done so, then it would  have been "looked at and admired", at least ....)  Instead, I gather that both of them relegated it to the role of "storage trunk contents" for most of the nearly 9 decades of its existence, prior to coming to me.   :(

Mind you .... the upside of that is that it remains in such beautiful condition!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version