Author Topic: Happy New Year Coffee  (Read 6708 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Happy New Year Coffee
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2023, 10:45:46 AM »
One girl was excited to get to learn to drive a "boy" car. She said automatics were "girl" cars and sticks were "boy cars".

Kinda like in HS, you could own one but you better be able to drive a stick. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2023, 03:41:52 PM »
I learned how to drive a stick on a 1960 VW Bug field car when I was 14.Have owned a couple stick shift since then.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2023, 08:02:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

1" of white overnight.

'Tis 6 and overcast. High of 16.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 03:13:36 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2023, 08:40:21 AM »
Good morning and may God bless! 49 here, gonna get to 55 today and sunny! Will be nice because the rest of the week will be in the 30s. Gotta lot of work this week, both hours and chores. A gentleman is bringing in some 19th Century Winchesters for us to sell for him, and they have been sadly neglected for 50 years. Since I'm the "old gun guy" there I will be tearing them down and seeing what we are actually dealing with. Also, had a lady bring an Ortgies pistol in yesterday,her Grandpa's gun, and I tore it down and worked on it some, hopefully the Ballistol will loosen some more crud out of the barrel as overall externally, it's pretty nice little gun.
Anyway, getting ready for Church in a bit, the Missus is felling well enough to go after recovering from a bad bout with the Wu-Flu.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2023, 09:57:02 AM »
I learned how to drive a stick on a 1960 VW Bug field car when I was 14.Have owned a couple stick shift since then.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2023, 07:12:58 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis -5 and overcast. WC -15. High of 5.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2023, 08:21:17 AM »
Good morning folks, 30 here right now, supposed to get to 34 today and this afternoon start freezing rain. YUCK! Would rather have snow! Anyway, off to the Doc in a minute, then work. You guys behave [yes, that means you!]. Vaya con Dios!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Online The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2023, 10:44:33 AM »
Morning all.

Currently -15, WC -31 in the Five Valleys as of 0940. They told everyone to come in at 10:30 so it could warm up a bit, but the mercury went the other direction. I guess I’m still supposed to come in, though I won’t get much done considering the pump won’t run when it’s this cold and everything I need to pump with it is a solid. But, I suppose it’s no skin off my nose if they want to pay me to drive in circles all day ::)

After work Mrs TK and I will be going to the barn to show off our trailer to a potential buyer, and hopefully they’ll drive away with it.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2023, 12:47:49 PM »
Run everyone around, was 9F came home and my lungs hurt so I took a nap till the kid called and had to go get her, pulled her sciatic nerve the other day.  Came home to rest, no problem about graduating so she's resting so she can go to work.  Kid works 30+ hours a week.  Wants to wait on college if all, would rather have a good paying job that don't require it.   They trust her to close 2 nights a week, I think she'll do fine, having her mother and dad as examples helps.  Some people can always serve as a bad example and still be4 semi useful. ;)

Likely going to work on pictures some more today.  The last month I got all cooking related pictures from 5.7 Gig to 1.92 Gig and separated into files.  Can lay hands on anything I need and got real quick.  Still need to do some rearranging and renaming of files, but got rid of a lot of unneeded stuff.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2023, 02:34:57 PM »
7-year anniversary to renew my CCW permit, had get a new mugshot, made within the last 30 days.
This is the 5th time I've renewed it. I suppose my photo from 35 years ago would not do  ;)
So, I went Walgreens for passport shot.
$45 check, the photo, and the signed form are winging their way to Tallahassee as I write this.

Letter with it said 8-10 weeks turnaround, we'll see, the present one is good till Apr. 25th
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2023, 05:47:52 PM »
I got my CCW permit renewal also. Renews every 5 years. This is my second time. I got my permit the first year WI issued them. WI was the second to last state to issue CCW permits to their subjects.
BTW, we don't have pictures on the CCW card.

Slim

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2023, 07:34:00 PM »
Mine expires mid-May, but I'm showing on my calendar my last qual. class was Feb., so I'm going get signed up for the resfresher tomorrow. ours are good for 5 years and reguire a new mugshot and prints. Then they redo the background check.  I think I'll drop the Utah CCW as I have not traveled to any states that it gives me additional access to.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2023, 08:07:13 PM »
I read just today there is Bill to allow people to carry concealed loaded guns anywhere without permits under legislation endorsed Monday by House Speaker Paul Renner and the Florida Sheriffs Association.
 Dubbed “constitutional carry,” by supporters, the concept behind the bill (HB 543) also has the backing of Gov. Ron DeSantis.
That is, Florida would become the 26th State to allow CCW, no permit needed.
As stated, I just paid the $45 fee to renew mine (at present required to carry concealed) and a fresh mugshot within 30 days it says. No new fingerprints and no requalification are required.
If, and I have little doubt the Bill will pass, I'm quite sure there is no refund, in fact should the Bill pass, you can still get a permit if you choose, anyway.

WE do not have an open carry....

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2023, 09:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, I just now checked my CCW and it expires in June, this year. Missouri does have "constitutional carry", BUT, having the CCW has some advantages. The list of prohibited places is different when you have the license. Also, there's the reciprocity issue.
As long as I renew before it expires, no need to take the class again. No photo on ours, either.

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2023, 12:18:38 AM »
I don't have to renew my CCW,it's issued for life, I just have to "Re certify" that I still have the guns listed on my permit, I have sold/traded/bought some since that last re-cert so I had to go through my list and update it. I'm good for either 3 or 5 years now.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2023, 01:02:52 AM »
There is no listing of guns required here, I'm glad of that too. :)
  One other advantage is there is no waiting period, so called "cool off" rule... with a permit you can buy and walk out with your purchase same day.
Without your permit its 3 working days.

The so-called SHEEP ZONES, I avoid anyway I:E School campuses, Starbucks, Bars, Establishments less than 70% food to booze ratio.
Seldom use Gov. buildings, PO's on occasion, but just a quick in and out, and I'll
 take off the piece then.
If there is a "no gun" policy posted, unless I really must patronize them, I'll pass and go where the 2nd Amendment is welcome.
I'm not an activist, just feel soft and more vulnerable in advertised sheep zones and avoid them.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2023, 07:05:22 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis -21 and clear. It's not called the "frozen tundra" for no reason. High of 11.

Slim

Online The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2023, 08:20:18 AM »
Morning all.

-5, WC to -8, and more white stuff falling.

Montana is a Constitutional Carry and open carry state. They offer permits, but all you gain is reciprocity to other states. Fortunately the only state I frequent is Idaho, which is also a constitutional carry state, so I’ve just saved my $35.

Once I’m back in CA, I’ll have to jump through their hoops, including but not limited to: $100/2 years, photo/fingerprints on renewal, 8 hour training course before initial issue (waived for veterans), interview with sheriff (should be more social than anything, considering I worked for him before), and a printing fee for a laminated card.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
I read just today there is Bill to allow people to carry concealed loaded guns anywhere without permits under legislation endorsed Monday by House Speaker Paul Renner and the Florida Sheriffs Association.
 Dubbed “constitutional carry,” by supporters, the concept behind the bill (HB 543) also has the backing of Gov. Ron DeSantis.
That is, Florida would become the 26th State to allow CCW, no permit needed.
As stated, I just paid the $45 fee to renew mine (at present required to carry concealed) and a fresh mugshot within 30 days it says. No new fingerprints and no requalification are required.
If, and I have little doubt the Bill will pass, I'm quite sure there is no refund, in fact should the Bill pass, you can still get a permit if you choose, anyway.

WE do not have an open carry....

We have the same going on.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2023, 11:10:59 PM »
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com