Author Topic: A few last-minute projects  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A few last-minute projects
« on: April 29, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »
I'll leave the disclaimer that each of the guns pictured was already altered in some form or fashion (or in abysmal condition) when they came into my possession.  That being the case, I thought they'd make for pretty fair refinish projects. 

Mk VI Webley, ca 1915 (first year of issue). Formerly in .455 Webley, sadly cut for .45ACP back in the dark days of cheap imports and ignorant retailers.

Mauser 1930 Commercial. This is my second Broomhandle and my first in .30 Mauser. Needs more detachable shoulder stock/holster, I think.

Colt World War I-vintage 1911 (not A1). The slide is 1917 and the frame 1918. The value is minimal, given it's been refinished at least twice, but the lettering is still readable and at least it matches now.

Heavily modfied Uberti clone of a Colt 1860 Army. This one's been on the bench the longest, probably. I fit an aftermarket gripframe and replaced the cap and ball cylinder with a cartridge conversion. The grips I made by hand.

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless in a .32ACP chambering. I lent this to a buddy back in first semester to blue. After two years of trying to get color to stick, I figured nickel was an acceptable substitute. He did the polish work, I did the plating.

A few more entrants for the "If guns could talk" file, I guess.
"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Re: A few last-minute projects
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »
Impressive work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com