Author Topic: No way I could choose just one  (Read 1786 times)

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
No way I could choose just one
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:39:11 PM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
Re: No way I could choose just one
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:59:19 PM »
Welcome to the brass frame obsession!  Love my Henry!

TL
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »
Welcome to the brass frame obsession!  Love my Henry!

TL

Thank you sir.

A little over a year ago when I first saw the Henry Repeating Arms version of the Henry and then starting to seriously looking at the Winchester line of lever guns I faced a real dilemma with regards to which one to get first. So after a year of researching and comparing my various options I decided it best to get the two Shot Show versions after all because of their limited nature but shortly afterwards I just couldn?t do that without getting the one that started my obsession just recently. But it was that Yellow Boy, that shiny brass rifle I decided to get first because after all the brass and the Yellow Boy is something I can remember thinking I would like to own decades ago.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:56:31 PM »

Online King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 164
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 06:56:31 AM »
That's some beautiful wood you have there.
King Medallion

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 07:11:52 AM »
That's some beautiful wood you have there.

Thank you sir.

That actually was one of the things that was a priority when getting these three rifles besides getting an example of each one of these particular lever guns. If I could I would always opt for better looking wood with all of my rifles and handguns as well. The wood and how good it looks really does make a big difference in how good a gun looks especially a rifle if you ask me. That?s actually one of the reasons I went with the Henry Repeating Arms version of the Henry and the two Shot Show versions of the Winchester?s with grade V\VI Walnut. Just puts a bigger smile on my face every time I look at them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com