Author Topic: AWRIGHT AWREADY  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
AWRIGHT AWREADY
« on: September 06, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »

Awright all youz Sofa Spuds!!!  Offa da recliner!!  We be back up and cooking.  Let us get some questions and answers going.  This here forum is quicker-n-me thumbing a short stroke hammer .... so get wid it Awready!!!

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: AWRIGHT AWREADY
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 06:55:26 PM »
OK, all righty, well I'm gonna report on shootin some.....OK, well that's how that went, ah, umm, well, OK, let me tell ya al about the time that I was shootin and, ah, umm, well, OK, lets see.. Hey let me say this, I'm ah, ah ah, well Ok, Hey, what daja think about the new... new... umm .. thingy thing that... ah cough cough cough!!! Ok wel I don't wanna hog the air waves, but hey its good , ah good to be back in the saddle "I'm back in the saddle again, back where I'm free to raom, back where the doggies play all day, I'm back in the saddle again"!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Betcha all would have like to heard be singing that!! :o :o ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »
Well My Good Coffin ....

betwixt dr appts, ( all good news) and the delayed but welocme NM Mosoons, I have not shot anything but glue bullets in my yard.

Yes, really.

Hot glue, squirted into Lee .44 and .45 molds.
lubed with a wipe of baby oil.

Shot out of cartridges with primer holes drilled out pretty large. (well marked!)

Shot out of C&B open top .44's ( the never was 1851, a proper steel 1860 and a brass snub 1860)  with a set of nipples drilled out large. (also well marked)

Accuracy at 10 yards is remarkably good! 2-3 inch groups and I can reload the recovered glue bullets!

photos WILL follow ....

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:51:47 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 08:20:44 PM »

Ah .... My Good Professor ......

I am most curious.  Most curious indeed.  My insatiable curiosity has been seriously PIQUED!!  GLUE BULLETS??  Really??  Glue bullets.  Ok, as you must be aware, WINTER IS COMING (Stole'd Famous TV series line).  No .... really .... Winter is Coming.  Does it every year.  For at least 5 months, busting Caps is ..... a faint memory.  So ...... Glue Bullets.  Some cheap yes??  Well now.

I have in the past set up to shoot "rubber" bullets.  Almost as accurate as a Blind Monk playing Darts.  Gave that up toot suite.  Ergo, I are some in awe of "Glue Bullets."  Re-useable glue bullets.  I could shoot all Winter inna garage.  I really could.  Fix up a box wid a backstop (US OPEN TOWELL) And some primers/Caps.

Your photographic excellence is awaited with Great Expectations (stolen famous book title).

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 07:21:50 AM »
Unfortunately "Great Expectations" made 9th grade English miserable.  Symbolism is an invention of English teachers to take the fun out of reading.

Also awaiting pictures.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »
 I was so desperate to shoot one winter ,, I used those foam ear plugs  ( a friend gave me a bag full ) ,, just roll them between your fingers like you are going to put them in your ear's ,,I was shoot'n 38 spl. w/ sm. pistol primers (  bored out & marked  ) stuff in a case ,, wait for them to expand ,,and in case of accidental miss fire ,, they don't hurt like the wax one's ,,( DUH ! ) .

smoke'm if y'a got'm ,,Hootmix .

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »

Never thought of that neither.  Gotz two big bottles of the El Cheapo foam ear plugs to hand out to kibitzers at a Kaz Chute whom don't understand the LOUD part of pistols going off.  I wonder though.  Can ya hit anything with em??

I'm also sit-in here wondering if they (Wax, Glue, Ear Plug) will work in my Cap Guns.  As is Cap Guns.  I ain't about to drill out a perfectly good set of Slix nipples.  Although on second thought, I have a Bazillion left over OEM Pietta Nipples I could drill out and not head a single tear.  Hummmmmmmmmmm

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »
Never thought of that neither.  Gotz two big bottles of the El Cheapo foam ear plugs to hand out to kibitzers at a Kaz Chute whom don't understand the LOUD part of pistols going off.  I wonder though.  Can ya hit anything with em??

I'm also sit-in here wondering if they (Wax, Glue, Ear Plug) will work in my Cap Guns.  As is Cap Guns.  I ain't about to drill out a perfectly good set of Slix nipples.  Although on second thought, I have a Bazillion left over OEM Pietta Nipples I could drill out and not head a single tear.  Hummmmmmmmmmm

A resounding YES.

I tried the glue bullets first in my Italian Colt 1860 C&B, and drilled out a set of cheap Italian nipples. I used my HB .450 mold so they would go in the chambers. Worked fine. Percussion caps seem to have enough oomph to penetrate cardboard and 1 inch foam insulation at 20 feet.

I will get some photos uploaded this week in between kitten herding and errands.

Prof Marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com