USFA RODEO AND RODEO II – NOW WITH LOW PROFILE HAMMERSFeatured, Industry News, Photo Gallery Wednesday, October 14th, 2009
HARTLEY, TEXAS – Long Hunter Shooting Supply is pleased to announce the introduction of the USFA Rodeo® and USFA Rodeo® II with low profile hammers. The lower contoured hammer makes is easier to reach for the one handed shooter and provides quicker shot to shot strings for the two handed shooter. With the hammer at rest, the sights are still in full view unlike the old style hammer where the sights are hidden. This means you never have to lose the sight picture again after the shot.
The USFA Rodeo® and USFA Rodeo® II with a low profile hammer will be sold exclusively through Long Hunter Shooting Supply. These models also come with the standard Premium Action Job included in the price. The “From Box to Holster” features are:
- Rear sights are widened from .108 inch to .140 inch
- Forcing cone is cut to 11 degrees
- A crisp, no creep trigger pull
- Factory flat “hand” spring is replaced. The frame is drilled and a Ruger style coil spring is installed for reliability.
- Factory main spring is replaced with a Lee’s Gunslinger flat spring for a smooth, reliable cocking motion while maintaining a quick hammer drop
- Factory flat “trigger/bolt” spring is replaced with a wire spring for added strength.
- Hammer is relieved .007″ on each side to eliminate drag marks. The hammer can be machine jeweled or plain polished per customer request.