Sarah Palin takes Fox News commentator job

Started by unruhj, January 11, 2010, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unruhj

By RACHEL D'ORO, Associated Press Writer Rachel D'oro, Associated Press Writer   Jan/11/2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, will take her conservative message to Fox News as a regular commentator, the cable channel announced Monday.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Palin said in a statement posted on the network's Web site. "It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."

Fox said that according to the multiyear deal, Palin will offer political commentary and analysis. She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News "Real American Stories," a series featuring true inspirational stories about Americans.

"Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the FOX News lineup," Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming, said in a statement.

Palin is hugely popular with conservatives and has more than 1.1 million Facebook followers.

She stepped down as Alaska governor in July, 17 months before the end of her first term in office. Her resignation came less than a year after she vaulted to overnight fame as John McCain's running mate.

Palin worked part-time as a weekend sportscaster in the 1980s for KTUU-TV in Anchorage.

Her upcoming commentary career had her Facebook fans giddy with excitement Monday.

"Tell 'em like it is girl!!!!!!," one poster wrote.

Palin finished a nationwide tour in December to promote her best-selling book, "Going Rogue."
There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe- Immanuel Kant

Teresa

Great news...  :)
Sarah Palin is gaining in popularity every day that goes by. Her base is increasing constantly. She commands, and gets six figures for speeches. Her book went to the best seller list the first day it was on the market!
She is real. That is what makes her so popular.  Not some duped up idealog who is lost without a teleprompter. This woman has more common sense in her little finger than Obama will have in 10 lifetimes.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

unruhj

I'd have to agree with ya on that one! She is suppose to have a speech in Salina i believe next month but it was already sold out before i found out about it.
There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe- Immanuel Kant

Teresa

Caught her interview on O'Reilly, she is not going to be pulling any punches on Fox news.
She was on Beck tonight at 5pm.

Heard some pretty snippy and snide remarks on another network about her..( what else is new).. ::)
Frankly she is smart as hell for doing what she is doing...

A friend of mine said it so perfectly and he covered it all so well I will post what he said..and he said ALOT!
Like I said.. he covered it all~~~ :):

She could stay on as Governor, and put up with all of the headaches for $125,000.00 a year, or option B. Cash in on a book deal worth MILLIONS, and take a job in broadcasting which she has experience in for MILLIONS MORE. I would have to think about that, for about 2 seconds! Quitting was the best thing for her to do. She is now a citizen. She didn't "abandon" Alaska. Russia isn't going to come across the Bering Straight anytime soon. She is poised to position herself perfectly if she chooses to run in 2012. We now have the biggest total idiot in the history of the Presidency sitting in 1600 North, and people have the audacity to be critical of her abilities? Give me a break. This woman has done more politically by mistake than that charlatan ever has on purpose. And the idiot's lined up to chant his name and vote for this asshat. This country is at the bottom, no matter how you look at it. If she runs and wins, it will be a total improvement over this band of idiotic pirates we have now.

The Democrats have been looking for a way to hang this woman since day one, when they flew a plane load of lawyers to Alaska with shovels to dig up as much dirt as possible on her. They are no closer now then they were then.

And Fox will do even more to advance Palin by giving her proper political exposure. I don't understand why people are in such denial about this woman? She now has, much like Hussein did with NBC, an entire news, and business network to give her the proper political exposure over the next 3 years to advance her political career. And at the same time they'll pay her well into 7 figures to do it! Is anyone really dumb enough to think she would have been better off politically to remain in that freezer pit for the next 3 years, and be as totally detached from politics and reality as one can get?

This was a well planned move. Every single bit of it. The entire foundation was laid in place long before she gave up her Governor position. This didn't come about from a 15 minute conversation with the old man over 2 glasses of wine by the fireplace. Fox News and The Fox Business Channel leave everyone in the dust ratings wise.

Liberal television is falling apart just as liberal talk radio did. No one wants to hear their country bashed 24 / 7, anymore than the citizens want this lisping Harvard idiot running all over the world apologizing for United States on "our behalf". People are sick of it, and him. His poll numbers show it. And, as almost if it were magic, as Hussein heads for the cellar, Palin keeps rising. If Palin were a liberal George Soros couldn't buy her this kind of opportunity!

The naysayers are simply sounding more and more foolish as they continue their rabid assault on her. They haven't figured out what the rest of the country already knows. By insulting her, they are insulting mainstream, middle America. That is where the heart of this country is, and these fools better start believing That Is Where The Votes Are! The Democrats are going to lose big this November because of Hussein and all of his liberal, failed policies and actions.
The Republicans are not going to have to fight for it politically. The Dems will hand it to them on a silver platter. This administration is well on it's way to making Herbert Hoover look like Ronald Regan!

And as far as this crap some people are putting out about her being a quitter?
Let's go with that thinking. Politics, especially Presidential, is a long shot at best, all but impossible in fact. If Palin had sat in the Alaska Governor's chair for whatever time she had left on her "contract", any aspirations of a big scale political career would have been long gone. She, like most all second banana V.P. candidates, would have slipped into low paying oblivion for the rest of her life. By doing what she is doing, she is not only generating tremendous income that will improve her life forever, she will continue to broaden her base, which as anyone who isn't living in a cave knows, is growing daily. Sarah Palin was literally thrown into the spotlight overnight. She wasn't "groomed" to be "Presidential" like Hussein. She stumbled in interviews, and make a few gaffs. Fox News will groom her in forums she can not only rehearse, but can easily handle. She will have a staff of dozens helping her every step of the way. NBC had Hussein, Fox will have Palin. Fox News Channel beats out MSDNC with more morning viewers than MSDNC has in prime time! And trust me, they'll be able to teach her to read off a Teleprompter, just as good as Hussein. Not only that, but Fox can afford equipment that won't jam up as much as Hussein's does!

Fox is the absolute best thing that could have happened to her at this point. A mega successful book, and now continuous exposure on the most watched cable news outlet in history. Some people may think of her as a "quitter", but they are becoming more of an endangered species every day. She hasn't "quit" anything except a lousy, low paying, dead end job. She is just beginning. My suggestion is to buy some popcorn, turn on the 52" HD, and enjoy what is sure to be the best show of the decade. The whining, liberal left bitched about her high priced clothes during her campaign. Wait until the Fox wardrobe dept. gets finished with her. She'll make Carrie Prejean look like a bag lady!
And don't be foolish enough to think the Presidential election isn't part beauty contest, it is. 

She can be a reminder to the D.C. insiders, while on FoxNews, that the arrogant, pompous days of the Kerry, Kennedy (who is still sober), Reid, Boxer, Pelosi, Graham, McCain, and a host of others, have got to go. Time for term-limits, line item veto's, balanced budgets, and the current crowd in D.C. the (insert profanity) out.

The polls show it now. Congressional Approval across the board is flat-lining. Yet Palin's approval is steady in positive numbers.

As far as her not being smart or worldly, is anyone impressed with the current Congress members actions that are so smart and worldly??

If Hussein has taught us anything, it's the very real FACT that ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE can be President. This guy was, (is), as big of a nobody as you will ever see ascend into that office. A "community organizer". Really? Just what the hell did he ever organize? His political "contacts" read like a who's who of FBI tagged radicals. His "preacher" belongs in prison for impersonating an American.

A President is nothing more than a figure head. The mouth everything eventually comes out of. Regan had a brilliant Presidency because he surrounded himself with brilliant people, and was smart enough to listen to them. Hussein looks like an idiot because he has surrounded himself with idiot's. The only way he could do worse, is to listen to them more. Pelosi is totally delusional. She acts like she's on drugs. Reid looks like he needs a nap. The rest of this bunch look like vacuum cleaner salesmen. No wonder they're all heading for the hills instead of reelection!  From the way this thing is going, Palin could walk into office in 2012. She's got all of these a$$holes beat on her worst day.

FACT: She was, is, far more qualified and experienced than Hussein. What "experience" did, does he have?
FACT: She has held political positions of both Mayor and Governor. Again, Hussein? I simply cannot understand how anyone could not only vote for this total asshat, but then in the same breath criticize Palin for lack of experience? Get real! None of this will matter in the least if this nation is on the receiving end of one more terror attack that produces any body count. Palin will not only walk into office, Hussein will be lucky if he and his big butted steed don't have to carry the furniture in for her.

Experience hasn't ever been a perquisite for anything in politics.
Look, we tried Ross Perot. He came in with pie charts, pointers, and enough business experience to run half a dozen Fortune 500 companies. He would have been a disaster. Remember his comment about, "When I get in there, all of these guys in Alligator shoes will be GONE!" What was he going to do fire them? They're elected. Totally out of touch, and used to playing, and being treated like God. Hussein lives in this liberal never, never land where everything just works out peachy with "proper dialogue". Again, totally out of touch with the real world. Pelosi is flat out nuts. She needs her apron and her vineyard. Perhaps she knows something about grapes. I hope her wine isn't as sour as her. Reid, well let's just say the polls, along with the last few days speak for themselves.

Palin is about the only one out of the whole bunch that is in touch! I couldn't give a damn about her "experience". What Washington "experience" does she require? How to lie? How to do backroom deals, and line her pockets? Fox News is doing that for her. It isn't the lack of Washington "experience" that will keep her out of the White House. It will be the pay cut!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jarhead

Thanks for sharing your friends letter, Teresa. It is a bullseye, as you would say.

Diane Amberg

I knew she would follow the money when the time was right. Good for her! Rush better watch out! ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk