Sure it's boring, but ...

Started by Rudy Taylor, January 07, 2010, 11:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Thats great, could you make so people that are land line can get the feed.

Diane Amberg

Thanks Rudy. Our snow is almost gone, except for the piles in the cold spots, but we are due a little more tonight and more bitter cold with blasting tehuantepecer winds. BRRRRR!

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 07, 2010, 01:30:57 PM
Thanks Rudy. Our snow is almost gone, except for the piles in the cold spots, but we are due a little more tonight and more bitter cold with blasting tehuantepecer winds. BRRRRR!

What a word!!!!  Tehuantepecer.  I had never heard of this term before.  Here is what it means... Tehuantepecer is a violent mountain-gap wind traveling along Chivela Pass. It originates in the Bay of Campeche as a northerly wind which crosses the isthmus and blows through the gap between the Mexican and Guatemalan mountains. The synoptic condition is associated with high forming in Sierra Madre. The wind reaches 20–40kt and on occasions 100kt. The outflow may form rope cloud over the Gulf of Tehuantepec. These winds can be observed on satellite pictures such as scatterometer winds measurements, they influence waves, propagating as swell and sometimes observed 1000 miles away (e.g., in Galapagos Islands). These strong winds bring cooler sub-surface waters and may last 4–7 days.  (Taken from Wikipedia.)

And, yes, Ms. T.  We are never too old to learn new things.  LOL

Teresa

How did I get drug into this!! See what I mean.. No matter what is going on.. Ta Ta bosses me around all the time. :(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I thought that you would also learn something new with that big word and all.  Ha Ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk