What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

When my son had to have stitches in his bottom lip from opening a hood that had been wired shut, I had cooked fried potatoes and pinto beans.  He put them in the blender and was happy as anyone could be.  The hood did get fixed the next day so no one else had to go through that.

Diane Amberg

Ouch! That must have really hurt! Al did well with his linguini....slurp,slurp.

Ms Bear

I am glad he was able to eat and enjoy it.  One of my granddaughters had to have a wisdom tooth pulled this week, she's doing fine.

Judy Harder

In a pinch there is Boost and Ensure and the suppliments. But, if Al is like the rest of us..............a little diet!!!! will be a good thing.
And there is baby food! Hang in there Al. Diane, you have my sympathies!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Thanks! He's at the dentist right now, so we'll soon know what's what. He didn't sleep very well last night, rather restless, but the pain wasn't too bad, or so he said. He's really very tough.
 I had offered Boost, Instant Breakfast and the baby food too. You'd have thought I was going to poison him! Ha! He said the same thing about shedding a couple of pounds. He's generally thin but has a belly he'd like to get rid of.  When he was 18 he had to have his wisdom teeth cut out ,had general anesthesia and didn't wake up for 18 hours. Scared everyone badly. The Polio affected the kind and amount of anesthesia he can have. Of course they didn't know that then. It's all figured out now and no more problem.
 Thank you all for the advice and kind thoughts.

Ms Bear

Went to see my friend today, she has four disc in her neck that are fractured, she is beginning to get feeling in her hands and arms and some sensation in her right leg.  Is able to feed herself today but just liquids, choked on mashed potatoes but said they didn't taste good anyway.  They will be moving her to TIRR for rehab tomorrow or Saturday, she will be there six weeks and then outpatient therapy.  She was in very good spirits today and I was so relieved to see her improved since the phone call on Tuesday.

She has a lot of family and a good support system her but she is a sister to me.

Diane Amberg

I'm glad to hear your friend is a little better. That was an awful accident. Prayers for sure for continued improvement.
Al's dentist is  pleased with his progress. The little hole into his sinus has closed, so he can use his C-pap to sleep tomorrow, but no sneezing for three weeks. (makes me want to sneeze just to think about it). He can eat a little more freely also, but only on the right side. He goes back in a month, right after we get back from New York City. More about that later.
I finished the rest of my high school reunion invitations, so they will go in tomorrow's mail.  We did as many as possible by e-mail this time, but there are still about 50 who still don't have it. It's six months to the day tomorrow,the 13th, so they surely won't complain about not having enough time to plan for it. Ha!

patyrn

I'm watching weathermen on local TV broadcasting regarding the Norman, OK tornado.  Our son lives there, and I was finally able to get through by phone.  He is fine and so is his house, so we are ever so thankful! 

Diane Amberg

Oh my! I'm glad all is OK. I guess a rough weekend is predicted isn't it? Nobody needs that  kind of excitement.

patyrn

Yes, supposedly tomorrow is going to be a testy day for our entire area.....................not fun..................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk