Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Jimmy Stewart Reads a Touching Poem About His Dog Beau
on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

Love, love, LOVE watching any old movie with Jimmy Stewart in it!!   :D :D

jarhead

Warph,
Ironic you would post something with Jimmy Stewart when just two weekends ago I was with some of my Nam buddies and we were talking about Jimmy Stewart's stepson, Lt. Ron McLean, who was KIA on June 8th "69" I was on LZ Catapult , 5-6 clicks south of where it happened and for a day and night could see the flares go off all night and hear arty pounding away. For 45 years I thought I saw a CH-46 chopper get shot down but two weeks ago I found out there were several that got shot to shit but all crippled back to LZ Stud, our rear area---for that I'm thankful. They finally did manage to fly Lt McLeans body out but the rest of his recon team, American Beauty, had to hump back to the hill I was on, along with Bravo 1-4. If I remember right every member of that recon team was wounded and a sorry lot they were from what they had just went through. I am still good friends with the S-2 scout who found Lt. McLean's body.
Carry on Warph, this old grunt was just reminiscing.  :)

Bullwinkle

I remember watching the show that night, amazing man.

I'm glad to see a post from you, Jar ! Reminisce all you want. Hope your maters are doing well.

jarhead

Quote from Bullwinkle:
I'm glad to see a post from you, Jar ! Reminisce all you want. Hope your maters are doing well.

Thanks Bull. I took a short vacation from the forum because it was taking way too much of my time to read all the posts----the rants on how they do things in that far, foreign land to the east ,when I could not figure out how it had anything to do with what goes on here----and it got to cutting into my fishing time---so I walked away. I missed the forum and read where the smart ones had a way of putting people on "ignore" if they didn't want to read their posts, but I am ashamed to say I'm not computer savvy enough to figure it out----so----I told the wisest man I know, ol Sarge, of my dilemma and he said ,"Son, you don't need an "ignore button", -----when you see a thread that doesn't hold your interest or you would rather hear someone drag their fingernails on a blackboard,  than read certain peoples words of wisdom----then just don't read it "
Now why didn't I think of that instead of relying on Teresa and Kjell to solve my problem with fancy technology  ? ---that ol Sarge is so smart !!!!!
Maters are doing good---eating platters of them but I only planted 40+ plants this year. Got myself a bum shoulder that needs a fix'n so planted lots of popcorn to take up garden space-----and that weed patch across the street ? Aint mine---or I damn sure aint claiming it as my garden this year !. :angel:

Bullwinkle

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it isn't your casting arm. Didn't take long for the weeds to take over where they weren't dispatched. Dang hoppers are thick as fleas in spots as well.

I'm with Sarge. No need for a button to ignore anything. I guess men have always been better at it. John Prine has a song about it. " Other side of town" .  Goes like, " My body's in this room with you just catching hell, but my souls drinking beer down the road a spell. A clown puts his makeup on upside down, so he wears a smile even when he wears a frown. You might think I'm here when you put me down, but actually, I'm on the other side of town. I'm sittin in a chair just behind my ear, playing dominos and drinking some ice cold beer. When you get done talking , I'll come back downstairs, and assume the body of the person you presume who cares."

Besides, those who claim to use ignore can't help but look anyway. Like moths to a flame.

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on July 10, 2014, 07:36:23 PM
Warph,
Ironic you would post something with Jimmy Stewart when just two weekends ago I was with some of my Nam buddies and we were talking about Jimmy Stewart's stepson, Lt. Ron McLean, who was KIA on June 8th "69" I was on LZ Catapult , 5-6 clicks south of where it happened and for a day and night could see the flares go off all night and hear arty pounding away. For 45 years I thought I saw a CH-46 chopper get shot down but two weeks ago I found out there were several that got shot to shit but all crippled back to LZ Stud, our rear area---for that I'm thankful. They finally did manage to fly Lt McLeans body out but the rest of his recon team, American Beauty, had to hump back to the hill I was on, along with Bravo 1-4. If I remember right every member of that recon team was wounded and a sorry lot they were from what they had just went through. I am still good friends with the S-2 scout who found Lt. McLean's body.
Carry on Warph, this old grunt was just reminiscing.  :)

Great story, Jar.  Here, have a beer on me, you ol' grunt:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

You trying to put sad water in my eyes Warph? Came close to succeeding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk