HOGAN, Dennis Michael - b. September 2, 1951 - d. September 2, 2009

Started by Ole Granny, September 02, 2009, 03:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Dennis Hogan of Moline passed away this morning around 1:30.  My sympathy to his family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Clubine Ranch

Today was Dennis' birthday. He will be missed by many. Our prayers go with this fine family. The Clubines

sixdogsmom

Ted and Dennis were very close, I knew he was sick but did not expect this. We will all miss him. I remember him roasting hotdogs on a hay fork to take to the shut-ins. He did this every year at the weiner roast in the park. He was among the first to stop me on the street and give me a hug after Teds' passing. God bless him and his family, he will be missed.
Edie

Jo McDonald

How very sad -- it seems he should still be a young man just out of his teens.  Our sincere sympathy to his family.
  Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Buddyboy

Ruthie and I join in the thoughts and prayers for the family.

flintauqua

Dennis Michael Hogan, age 58, a resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas. Dennis was born on September 2, 1951 in Sedan, Kansas, the son of James P. and Marguerite M. (Eblem) Hogan.

Dennis was a graduate of Moline High School class of 1970. On September 25, 1971, Dennis was united in marriage to Janet Tunison and they later divorced. To this union two sons were born,  Michael and Justin Hogan. Dennis was employed for 34 years for the City of Moline as the Water and Sewer Superintendent until he retired in 2007. He later worked for the City of Grenola. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline. He was also a member of the Knights of Columbus Council #14817, Elk County Rodeo Association and the Moline Alumni.

Dennis is survived by his sons, Michael Hogan of Moline, Kansas and Justin Hogan of Winfield, Kansas; three brothers,  John Hogan of Moline, Kansas, Jim Hogan and Ken Hogan both of Independence, Kansas; one sister, Kathleen Ricci of Arlington, Texas; and five grandchildren,  Haley, Ethan, Baylee, James and Amelia. He was preceded in death by his parents.

Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:00 AM Saturday, September 5, 2009 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline, Kansas. Rosary will be recited on Friday at 7:00 PM at St. Mary's with visitation to follow until 8:30 PM. Interment will be at Mt. Olivet Cemetery. The family suggests memorial contributions to Valley Hope Alcohol Treatment Center or Elk County Rodeo Association and may be left with the funeral home. Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, P.O. Box 1233, 206 E. Washington, Howard, KS 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Delbert

Dennis Hogan was a good man.  He took the time to talk to you and would be there to help if needed.  He fought a tough battle that very few of us would have could handle.  He took care of John  his brother.  He understood John.  The saying he's not heavy he was  my brother would apply to Dennis.  Delbert Lampson

patyrn

That was a very thoughtful tribute, Delbert!  Sometimes life throws us challenges that are just insurmountable, and as you recognize strengths that Dennis possessed, you are his true friend.  Edie, I'm sure his family also appreciates your special remembrances as well as kind thoughts from many others in the community. 

Rodney and Karen Indermill

Nadine

I was saddened when Douglas Redd told me about Dennis's passing.  Dennis was like a father to Doug and his death hit Doug real hard.  When I think of Dennis, I am reminded about the time he would come visit my Mother as she was dieing.  He would bring her mike shakes and sit by her side talking wih her.

He was too young for Elk County to lose him.  When I heard about the large turnout for his funeral I was not surprised.  Dennis gave so much to the community and it was shown by the tremedous turnout for his funeral.  Dennis was a great man who gave unconditional love to everyone who crosed his path.  May he be in peace now.  He is probably upstair sharing a mike shake with my Mom right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk