Swine Flu...Impending pandemic?

Started by Catwoman, April 29, 2009, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

greatguns

No.  That would be where swine is not kosher, so it will be called the Mexican flu.  Israel being one of them.

giester2

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on April 30, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
  So far in the U.S. there has been only 1.  {death}

This one death occurred in Houston....It was a two year old visiting here from Mexico.   The main concern the media has here about this death is that the child spent a day at the Galleria before he showed symptoms.

We have shut down 4 schools so far.   One teenager was reported to have the flu in Ft Bend Cnty (just sw of Houston) and she has already recovered and is back in school.

My mom works in the nurses office at a local High School.  Yesterday they sent two kids to the hospital with suspicion of the flu.  Others have been sent home with fevers.  No official word yet if these are associated with the flu.  The school has not been shut down.

Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Diane Amberg

I'm very interested in what your Mom finds at school as this thing progresses. Thanks for sharing.

Wilma

We need more from first hand sources.

Dee Gee

Quote from: Wilma on May 01, 2009, 10:07:42 AM
We need more from first hand sources.

Instead of the hyped news media reports.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Varmit

We keep hearing from the officals that this is no more dangerous than the regular flu.  So why all the extra precautions?  During the flu season I don't recall them issuing travel precautions, calling out the National Guard to guard medicines etc.  It just seems to me that there is something they are not telling us.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Interestingly enough our Joe Biden got swatted because he said he would tell his family to avoid tight public transportation. Ha! Just now a big plane  diverted  and landed because a passenger had come down with flu symptoms.

Billy,the extra precautions are because this is a new mutation that we didn't have a chance to take shots for like we did last fall. Huge numbers of people take regular flu shots that are made  to try to catch what- ever the"winter flu" will be. That hasn't been able to be developed  for this one yet; it caught everybody by surprise. Nobody has been immunized against this one  Not medical staff, not nobody not no how. I promise to share with you anything i find out I do know CDC is about to get a better idea of who seems to be the most vulnerable to it, how long people are down sick and so forth. It seems to me to be not very bad as bugs go, but more will come out as this thing continues.

Varmit

Diane it has been my expirence that the only time I have ever gotten the flu is when I had the shot.  Even if they develop a shot for this one I believe I will have to take a pass.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Sure, but if you do get sick, please isolate yourself so you don't pass it to others. I doubt the shot would be mandatory even if this thing hasn't blown over by the time CDC gets it made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk