What are you cooking for Easter\Passover?

Started by dnalexander, April 08, 2009, 04:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Because I feel a lot of people are feeling down due to the state of things;  I am increasing my "Orphan's Party" dinner to Easter. My Orphan's Parties are a result of a tradition my Mom started after my Dad passed away many years ago. She used to have Sunday dinners\Holiday dinners where we were expected\encouraged to invite friends or anyone that may not have anywhere to go for dinner. This has become a tradition in my family. So since I have never cooked a traditional Easter party dinner I am asking you what are you cooking for Easter\Passover? Since we will be having Jewish guests Passover ideas are especially needed.

David

sixdogsmom

Oops! I guess you will need to cook something other than the small ham I have in my fridge. I will probably bake it on Saturday and fix a big fancy salad, (with green grapes and mushrooms), and maybe a baked potato. I expect I will be tired after church since I am a night person and will be rising in time for sunrise service. A good nap is definitely on the ol' rabbits' agenda!  ;) Almost as good as chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies!  ;D P.S. I guess we could have kosher dills?
Edie

Wilma

Don't forget the Easter eggs.  They are a must for an Easter celebration.  I hope mine last until Sunday. 

dnalexander

Diane recipes would be great.You are correct they are not kosher.

We will have Easter eggs. chocolate bunnies, and malted milk ball eggs covered in chocolate with the hard candy shell.

Probably have ham and brisket sounds like a good idea.

David

sixdogsmom

Edie

Tobina+1

Sorry; I don't have many ideas for the Passover part, but we're having honey-glazed ham, refrigerator mashed potatoes, cream cheese corn, hot buns, and some sort of salad just for token.
It's pretty much the same as all our holidays, but it's my favorite!

dnalexander

I have a vague memory from a college history of religion class of a traditional celebration involving Christians and Jews. Diane has given me some great ideas. All ideas are welcome. I am getting my dinner together, but still am looking for ideas to add Passover to the celebration.  Thanks to all for your ideas and Diane for the recipes.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk