Author Topic: West Elk Service Learning Day  (Read 1740 times)

Offline D Whetstone

• Very Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
West Elk Service Learning Day
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:32 pm »
The Elk Konnected Physical Image Action Team and the West Elk Jr/Sr High School has scheduled the West Elk Service Learning Day for Friday, May 8th.  Jr and Sr High students will be working along side community volunteers, teachers, and administrators to complete service projects in Severy, Howard, Moline, Grenola, and Elk Falls.  If you would like to participate as a community volunteer or have a service project suggestion, please contact David Whetstone at ksdrdave@aol.com or any of the Physical Image Action Team members.

Offline Lookatmeknow!!

• Angie Town
  • Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: West Elk Service Learning Day
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:50:12 am »
I am so glad to hear that the school and the community are going to be doing this.   I think this is a great service project!!  Way to go!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Offline D Whetstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:37:57 pm »
West Elk Service Learning Day is just around the corner. Are you signed up to volunteer that day? Please contact myself or any Physical Image Action Team member to participate.

pepelect

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:13 pm »
Ideas for the Service Learning Day in Howard:

How about striping the super slab?   500 cans of white paint and one line of rollers attached to 50 high school hands. We could use a stencil that says 'WEHS' all the way to Wabash.  Each block could be done in a  different color. 

Rewaterproofing the north Welcome to Howard sign.  Repainting the south FFA welcome to Howard sign with brighter glow in the dark paint.   

Removing the brush from across the highway east of the the highschool. 

Bring all the county road signs back from home. 

If a student tried to sell abusiness a year book ad, FFA ad, or sponsor a sports event soap their windows..... Wait a couple of hours then.....Wash the windows of all the school supporting businesses.

Fix the wooden poles that are rotting off on the south park shelter house.  Rake the sand at the volleyball court and play area. 

Fix the grass yard at the highschool where the idiot drove through the south yard again. 

Level out the big pile of rock by the baseball field.

Planters could be built for use in the new Jackson Park.

Moline:    Paint the flag pole at the grade school so Shirley will get off my case.

Offline Wilma

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:55:22 pm »
Make the "Welcome to Howard" signs bigger and brighter so they can be seen whether you want to see them or not. 

Bring back the sign that listed the churches in Howard.

Offline D Whetstone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:04 pm »
Great ideas PEP and Wilma. Keep them coming.

Just a reminder... West Elk Service Learning Day is going to most of the communities in Elk Konnected including Severy, Howard, Moline, Grenola, and possibly Piedmont.  Elk Valley will be covering Longton and possibly Elk Falls during their Community Appreciation Day later this month.

Stay with us as we grow,

David
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:20:16 pm by D Whetstone »

pepelect

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:15:39 pm »
Where is peidmont   ??? DD?    How about a welcome to ELK KONNECTED sign billboard and other mass marketing images..........?    Elk KONNECTED usb whips......Flash drives......GET KONNECTED bumper stickers.

STAY WITH US AS WE GROW OUR SPELLING> :)   

I kid because spell checker is my friend..........

Spam checker
Chicken Hawk Checker
Grocery Checker
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:18:18 pm by pepelect »

Offline D Whetstone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:27 pm »
Darn it.  Spell checker is my friend too. I always type out my posts in Word, spell check, and then copy and paste.

Didn't do it with that post. Used KEP as my spell checker. I will give her h.e.double L.

Thanks PEP. I will go back and correct.

DSW

Offline Diane Amberg

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 08:59:05 am »
 ;D

Offline heather_tyler_2014

• ~Heather~
  • Top Forum Member
  • Patriot Softball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:57 pm »
Chicken Hawk Checker huh? I happen to be a JAYHAWK FAN... NOT a checker.

I might not be liked after this.... OHH BOY.... :) :) :) Pepelect and Dave ALWAYS are pickin on me. Nasty K-statians.
                                                                                   GROSS
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:43:00 pm by heather_tyler_2014 »
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.