Soups and Salads

Started by Catwoman, October 04, 2008, 09:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

I am sad at this news.  Judy was a great cook and an even better friend.  I always jived her that I needed to take cooking lessons from her, to learn to make her pies...guess that will have to wait until I make my transition, too.

Ole Granny

Judy made some great Mexican food, too.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Catwoman

Oh, man, is that ever true...actually, I don't think there was much she couldn't cook.  If you would have given her a Goodyear tire she could have made it taste good!

Jo McDonald

LOL  She would get a grin out of that statement - and you are probably right in saying so.
Ole' Granny , do you know if the Moline Methodist ladies put out a cook book?  Our church in Howard did, several years ago.  Judy did a lot of cooking for the meals they served in the church basement in Moline, and I would think that she contributed some of her recipes to that. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

Would any of you be willing to share some of Judy's recipes?  I would love to be able to put some into my own personal arsenal.

Ole Granny

Do any of you remember Judy's last name when she moved here?  Don't have any idea about the Methodist Church having a book.  Ruth Hisle may????  I have a Busy Bee Cookbook but did not find her name (Clark) in it. 
Eskimo Legend

sixdogsmom

Edie

frawin

One of our favorite winter time soups is the Green Chili Soup that I posted some time back.  I also have a corn chowder recipe that I will look up.  It is very good as well.  Frank got the chowder recipe at a hunting lodge, where he was guest of our son.  I believe it was down around Buffalo, TX.
Myrna

Jo McDonald

Judy's last name was Davis when they first came to Elk County.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Ole Granny

Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk