DENTON, Guy Morgan - b. November 19, 1930 - d. June 26, 1999

Started by genealogynut, August 09, 2006, 12:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Dated Monday June 28, 1999
Winfield Daily Courier

Guy Morgan Denton, 68, died June 26, 1999, at Howard Twilight Manor.

Services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Howard United Methodist Church.  The Rev. Kibum Kim will officiate.  Military services and burial will be in Grace Lawn Cemetery.

Memorial have been established with the Howard United Methodist Church Building Fund and Howard Twilight Manor Van Fund.  Contributions may be made through Zimmerman Funeral Home.

Denton was born Nov. 19, 1930 in Wichita, to Guy Vernet and Gladys Viola (Morgan) Denton.  He graduated from Howard High School in 1949 and attended Oklahoma A & M at Stillwater before entering the United States Air Force in 1951.

He served as a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force until 1956 and enlisted in the Kansas Air National Guard in June 1962.  He attained the rank of major before being discharged in November 1975 due to ill health.  In addition to his military career, he was a farmer and oil producer in Elk County.

Denton was married twice.

A former member of the West Elk school board and past president of the Howard Fair Association, he was a long-time member of Carter-Rader American Legion Post 149 in Howard, the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Howard United Methodist church.

Survivors include a son, David Denton, Howard, two daughters, Marcella Price, Emporia, and Lora Kerns, Highlands Ranch, Colo; his mother, Gladys Denton and his sister, Dorothy Pagan, both of Howard, and seven grandchildren.

Janet Harrington

Thank you, genealogynut, for putting that on the forum.  I got tired last night and was having trouble thinking about people who have passed from this world.  I want to put on as many as I can, so all anyone has to do is join the forum and get what they  need.  Thanks again.

genealogynut

You are welcome.  I will be more than happy to help you out, if you would like.  I have ordered a couple of rolls of microfilm that have the Howard newspapers on them from years gone by and I can pull some obits from my genealogy collection that I have here at home.  I have done research on my husband's family and mine, as both of us grew up over around Howard.  Thought I might mix some old ones in with the more recent ones, unless you have other ideas.

I also thought I would get news stories from yesteryear and other various items of interest from old newspapers and post them in other categories,  among some other fun things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk