hurrican ike ---- we are hunkered down

Started by giester2, September 12, 2008, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giester2

Here I sit in Houston, waiting for the storm.  We are as prepared as we can be, nothing left to do but wait.  I have posted some pictures on myspace

www.myspace.com/demivi

I will post more pics as I get them.  Right now it is pretty boring
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

frawin

Geister, my son's family came to stay with us and he stayed in Houston at the House. Hope you are all doing OK and weather the storm OK.
Frank winn

pam

Hope all yall come thru ok. Hope your son comes thru ok Frank.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Thanks Pam, I worry about him and didn't want him to do it, but he let me know that he thinks I would have done the same thing in the same circumstances.

Roma Jean Turner

Time to get the prayers and the guardian angels goin'.

Lookatmeknow!!

Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Bonnie M.

Your families will all be in our thoughts and prayers, also.  I have some cousins who live down that way, I need to be checking on them.
Bonnie

Ms Bear

Liberty County which is where I live northeast of Houston has been under mandatory evacuation since 4 pm yesterday but I am going to sit it out.   Worked in Porter until 4 pm today and traffic on 59 was pretty scarce.  Now I am just waiting for the power to go out which it always does.

I ran from Rita and I don't think I will ever do that again.  Sitting in the car on the road surrounded by stranger was scarier than sitting it out at home.  Of course if I had children or Mother was still with me I would have one of the first ones to leave.

Ms Bear

Diane Amberg

I've been watching some live streaming on another forum and it looks pretty rough for Galveston with much worse yet to come. My prayers for all of you in harm's way. I can't understand why anybody would stay on a low barrier island with a 20 foot surge expected.

Ms Bear

Right now there is a lot of flooding from the storm surge or the bayous backing up from the high water.  So far the rain hasn't started yet and already several subdivisions and roads are flooded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk