Old Fashioned Gas Pumps

Started by W. Gray, May 13, 2008, 08:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Fox is running a story today about old fashioned gasoline stations with pumps that cannot handle a price above 3.99 per gallon and 99.99 total sale.

An estimated 8,500 stations with 17,000 pumps have this problem. They appear to be mostly in remote isolated places.

I thought I remembered virtually every gas pump in the country required replacement when gas hit $1.00 back in the 70s.

At any rate, the feeling is that many of these station owners will not be able to afford replacement pumps forcing users to drive much further to get gas. Either that or the user will have to gas up twice on the spot or gas up twice as often.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

giester2

A news station in Houston ran the story last week I think.  What they are proposing is pricing the gas by the half gallon. 
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

W. Gray

Seems I have heard the same thing.

That would solve the 3.99 ceiling but not the 99.99 ceiling.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

giester2

Quote from: W. Gray on May 13, 2008, 01:08:51 PM
Seems I have heard the same thing.

That would solve the 3.99 ceiling but not the 99.99 ceiling.

true....but I don't believe this is a big issue since these pumps usually do not take payments either.  You fill till you hit 99.99, have the store reset and continue filling. 
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk