Fresh Strawberry Pie

Started by Bonnie M., April 26, 2008, 01:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Also, this particular kind of pie doesn't get baked.
Bonnie

Bonnie M.

A report on the Fresh Strawberry Pie that I froze from last week:

We had it for dessert for lunch today.  It wasn as good as fresh!  But, good!

My niece is visiting her USD student daughter in San Diego this week-end, and she called and said she was coming to visit with us this evening and bringing a......."Fresh Strawberry Pie!"  So, how lucky can I get? 
Bonnie

flo

>:( wish you'd quit talking bout fresh strawberry pie  :'(
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

I couldn't stand it. I found some for $1.49 a pound and made short cake for Al. Pie is next! :D

frawin

Bonnie, I made your pie!  It is good.  the only problem I had was I had to get the very large berries--(probably raised in a greenhouse).  How I wish I could get over to Stillwell to get berries.  They are known all over Oklahoma for their strawberries.  Unfortunately, my time schedule will not allow it.  We will go to East Texas this weekend to see our son graduate from college, and hopefully will get there in time to see a grandson play baseball; and next weekend we will go to Houston to see grandson and granddaughter play t-ball and baseball.  Then, the next weekend is Memorial weekend and we all know what a hustle-bustle time of year that its!
Back to the pie, I have one left in the freezer and also a Millionaire pie, just in case someone drops by!  I took Mother 1/2 of a strawberry pie yesterday.  Since I couldn't be with her on Mother's Day, I drove up, took some lunch and spent the day just visiting.  She really enjoyed it.  She will be 90 next month!
Myrna

flo

well, my old friend, you came to Howard, brought a fresh strawberry pie, but I didn't get any  >:(  :-[

frawin

Flo, I ate 4 pieces of it and it wasn't very good.
Frank

frawin

flo, I only brought 1/2 a pie and I didn't even go into town--just the outskirts.
Myrna
I have one in the freezer if you want to drive down and get it.

flo

Quote from: frawin on May 06, 2008, 03:11:44 PM
Flo, I ate 4 pieces of it and it wasn't very good.
Frank
yeah, and I was born on a day that didn't end in Y

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk