National Griper's Day

Started by Wilma, April 15, 2008, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Did you know that today is National Griper's Day?  I didn't until it was listed on TV this morning.  Now griping is not the same as Soap Box.  Griping is the small irritating things that are too small to take the time to change but are still a nuisance.  Like leaving the cap off the toothpaste or squeezing in the middle instead of from the end.  So here is my gripe.

Bare toes.  Why does this bother me?  As some of you know, I spend most of my time in a wheel chair, doing wheelies around the house.  First daughter comes over every day and does things for me, including seeing that I have hot, nutritious meals.  (Bless her.  I prefer chocolate pie and hot coffee).  Anyway, the first thing she does is take off her shoes and therefore is barefoot the rest of the time she is in the house.  (No, she did not grow up in Missouri and she has never lived in Missouri.)  If I, in my chair, am anywhere close to her, I worry about running over her toes.  There you have it.  A very small gripe, but it is griper's day.  (You might wonder about Bud and his tail and my wheels.  Bud has learned to stay out of my way)

What is your gripe?

sixdogsmom

I hate having to pick up dirty dishes in the living room, whether I left them or not! LOL!
Edie

Judy Harder

Making the bed each day.........(which I don't) not unless company is coming or
it is strip and wash the sheets day. I like to reuse the same sheets, so wash and remake
bed the same day.   ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

flo

just a "small" gripe - why does everyone naturally assume Missourians go barefooted.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

momof 2boys

Parents that don't allow their children to take responsibility for their own mistakes.  I like to call them Helicopter Moms/Dads.
They swoop right in and rescue the child, releasing them from any responsibility.  "My Johnny would never do that!" 

pam

This is a wee bit on the gross side but workin construction like I do, I use a LOT of public restrooms and my small gripe is women who do the hover and don't clean off the seat after :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Tobina+1

People in the workplace who don't answer the phone in a professional manner... or who do not identify themselves.

frawin

People that set in a restaurant and Cough almost non-stop.
EFW

Jo McDonald

OH  HAHAHAHAHAHA   WHAT A LOT OF " gripes" 

I guess we all have them -- but sure is fun to read these post.  lol 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Ole Granny

Flo, What is wrong with barefoot?       ;D  I grew up in Elk County and spent most of my youth barefoot.  In fact, my parents encouraged it- less wear and tear on the shoes.  Dad cut the oxfords up in the Spring and made sandals out of them.  Guess then I did not know we were poor.  I enjoyed the new oxford sandals.  Barefoot- just made my feet rather wide. Stepped on many a rusty nail but didn't get my jaw  (Lock) . :laugh: :laugh:   I would still wear slippers everywhere if I could. :) :) :)  Maybe I'm part Missourian!
Played in the creek barefoot and still today love the feel of mud going between my toes.  This was suppose to be Griper's Day.  Oh, well.   ;) ;)
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk