David Oakleaf preforming after CMA Awards TONIGHT!!

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2008, 10:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

"Am I the only one on here that feels that this show could be done better? "

Teresa, I think the show is really "lame."  I don't know David Oakleaf, but I enjoy watching for the "local boy," so I've been watching for him, and, as you said, last night he had a lot of exposure.   I think the show, though, with the judges they have chosen, gives Country Music a "bad image!"  The whining of the dark haired girl can get on your nerves, and, as you stated, the guy with the hair in his face just doesn't look like "good old country folks" to me!  Naomi's better days are behind her (in my humble opinion!)  So, I agree completely with what you wrote about the show. 

Oh, well!  What do I know!  (But, I do love Country Music!)
Bonnie

Wilma

What do I think of this show?  If David weren't on it I wouldn't be watching it.  And Veronica Lake's hair style went out long, long ago.

Judy Harder

If I find another program (better) that is on Friday nights, I  will watch it.

As on American Idol........I don't start watching it until the odd ones have
been weeded out.

Figure you all here will let me know when David is on. It has been a few years since I heard
him here in Longton (Talent show at fair time) and I did think he was very good.

The judges on the show are very lame and no one I would want judging me.
Oh well, what do I know.

Go David!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

As long as David stays in the running he will be on every week I think. ( if it is run like American Idol)

But after this season, I won't be watching it again..
But lordy how I want that child ( he'll always be a child to me  :) ) to make it to the top.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, so the show is not the best.  But to tell you the truth none of CMT's show are that great like they used to be.  But I know that the people that are on this show are talented.  I really did not realize how GOOD David's own songs are until I got a message on Myspace from him.  He has his own music page and his own songs on it.  He is a very talented song writer.  I think that this young man will go far.  I always knew that he had it in him.  He just has really blossomed in all the years since I have seen him perform at the local bars and such.  His own songs are terrific!!  I am a country music lover and he has the stuff you guys.  I don't think it will be long before we see him hit it big.   ;D ;D ;D
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

David and Lewice's  singing the song they sang on Duet..

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/228052/can-you-duet-103-performances-lb-oakleaf-david-oakleaf-and-lewice-brice-days-go-by.jhtml

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/can_you_duet/videos.jhtml

If you want to see the full show ..
watch it online..

We should be able to watch it online every week..

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/can_you_duet/series.jhtml

Tobina+1

I'm not really a fan of American Idol, actually.  Talk about mean, whiney judges! 
I think part of being able to duet is learning how to mix your voice with someone else; not just your partner that you've practiced with forever.  Look at all the vocal duet awards given out; not necessarily to true duet groups, but to singers who compile together for a single song.
That being said, of those singles that they paired up with someone else, I think they only eliminated 1 girl (if I remember right; and they told her she would be a better backup singer).  Everyone else they re-split and gave them another chance at another partner.   I wonder as the competition goes on if someone will actually spend time with them and try and match them together better. 
Don't worry about watching this week; they'll go through this same process with Group 2.  David is in Group 1, so unless they just show him having fun in Nashville, I doubt he'll be on.  BTW; the show is aired at the normal time on Friday's of 8 CT (right?), and then again later that night (10 pm maybe).  So after I posted that I didn't know if he was split up or not, I was able to re-watch the show and find out!

Teresa

If you want to hear David sing a few of his songs that he has written click on his My Space site. The last one is one of his country songs that I really like called Missing Beautiful Days.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=298572561

Wilma

"Missing Beautiful Days" is probably about Elk County, isn't it?

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk