Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Never ever fails.. clean your house up all nice and shiny..put on makeup.. do your hair.. and you never see a soul.
Take a day and say " to heck with it..I'm going to go w/o makeup.. tie my hair back.. let the house go to pot..
and people you haven't seen for years will show up!" ::)

Myrna and Frank..Glad you had a good visit with Daddy and  "old holey socks".   
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Teresa, your Mother and Father are two really neat and special people and Myrna and I really enjoyed the visit, in fact we both said we could have visited with them all day. And I didn't notice the dishes or the holely socks either one.
Frank

Teresa

You are right frank.. I know I am prejudiced,,, but they both are awesome!
You have to look long and hard to get any better people..

I picked good when I picked them to be my parents.  :)

Jo McDonald

What a nice way to start the morning -- well not START really, but just logged on the forum, and Frank and Myrna, it would have been wonderful if you could have stayed all day - any day for that matter - we REALLY enjoyed your visit.

I can't bear to dispose of my holie socks, -- they went in the laundry and then will go into the bag I keep for cleaning jobs.  Am I a tight wad ????  Welllllll yes, I guess I am.  I just have a hard time throwing away things that I can still get some use out of. 
Born poor - raised poor   guess that sums it up pretty well.

Thanks again for stopping, and will look forward to the next visit.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Born poor -- raised poor.  That about sums it up all right, Jo.  Right now I have a bag of old towels, wash clothes, etc. waiting to be taken out to the garage where they might be used.  I also have a drawer full of the same thing that I go to for cleaning.  Sometimes I even throw it away after cleaning instead of washing and storing again.

Lookatmeknow!!

These days who isn't pinching every penny that they can.  My oldest daughter loves her holey socks, too Jo!!  I just let her keep them until she decides that she wants to throw them away!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Roma Jean Turner

The 'Holie" socks are good to keep, so you can wear them under the "Unholy" socks the next winter when you need a double layer.

sixdogsmom

I have two pair of holey socks that I wear all the time. They belonged to my dad; I feel close to him whenever I put them on. I will have to give them up one of these days, but for now the holes don't show, so I will continue to wear them. Good for you, Jo.  ;) ;)
Edie

frawin

I, too, have a hard time throwing things away.  Like you said, Jo, born poor, raised poor, and those traditions still stay with me.  I have things that many people would have gotten rid of, but I think I can use that one more time, or I can wear that one more time.

Myrna

Teresa

I've had a wonderful busy weekend.. We got so much accomplished.
I'm very tired, but it is a good tired.. The kind where you go to crawl in bed and the sheets and the pillow feel so good, that you just melt right down in them a fall immediately into  a deep sleep.

I love it!

"Waltons Mountain is as old as the earth itself. For countless centuries it has quietly shouldered the sky above the land on which our family settled, built and flourished. Through all its seasons, through all the great and small events of our lives the mountain was changeless, as fixed and as permanent as the glittering stars above. And then there was an evening in the 1930s which started all of us wondering how fixed or permanent anything is, - even a star".

"It was not every day that a star fell on Waltons Mountain, but nearly every day brought some small miracle - the beauty of the turning seasons, the wonder of growth, and the constant revelation of all that lies in the human heart. Over it all loomed the unfailing love of our mother and father, more constant than the stars in their courses".

Elizabeth: What holds the stars up in the sky?
Jim Bob: They're stuck up there on something.
Elizabeth: What makes them fall?
Jim Bob: Oh they burn out like electric light bulbs.
Elizabeth: How come you're so much smarter than me?
Jim Bob: I'm older.
Elizabeth: Goodnight, Jim Bob.
Jim Bob: Goodnight Elizabeth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk