Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Events fade with time.  While there are many of us "old-timers" that remember World War II, or at least the stories we heard growing up, the next generation doesn't have that experience and only learns it as a history lesson.  My father-in-law who lived with us for many years was a WWII veteran.  He proudly wore a baseball cap that said, "WWII Veteran".  He went to the South Pacific and had many stories to tell.  My children might have listened to some of those stories, but to them it was just an old man's stories.  I doubt they felt much of a sense of what the country was going through at that time.  Even Vietnam, now over 35 years old, is not of great importance to my children's generation other than it being just another history lesson.  The wars in the Middle East is more of a reality for them because someone they know might be in the service.  Time marches on.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Yes that's true. Even at our fire house there are only a couple of WWII vets still alive. Very old men with almost nobody to talk to share the old stories. One was in the Coast Guard and never saw battle but remembers all the black out shades along the coast and the street lights painted black except for a little slit on the boardwalk side along the beaches. He talks about the guys on shore patrol walking the beaches at night with their dogs. Rehoboth Beach still has a couple of the tall concrete submarine spotting towers that almost got torn down years ago. People put up a huge protest and they were saved.  Now those the young ones enjoy seeing them. Then there was Korea...

Roma Jean Turner

Congratulations Larry and R.A.M.B.O.  I have three that could use that course.  I did the Sunday service at my church this week and it was a Pet Blessing service.  Most people brought pictures but we had seven dogs that sat through the service.  R.A.M.B.O. would have fit right in.

Rudy Taylor

It was a nice experience to meet Flo at Maria's Mexican Restaurant in Independence tonight. What a delightful lady!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

Thank you Rudy.  I was about to post a notice that I had been bold enough to approach your table and ask if you were Rudy.  :laugh:  I read the Prairie Star every week - I read your posts on here - It seemed to me that everyone had met you but me.  Sure glad we finally met and also your wife and daughter.  I'm sure our paths will cross many times and now I'll know who you are.  Have a good night, everyone. aoyp
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Since having had Lens Refractive Replacement surgery 2 weeks ago..I'm just now getting on computer some... My right eye is still healing but doing GREAT!!!  and tweaking in with better sight each day.. but hard to do any work as I can see out of my right eye now but left is still a bit blurry... and if I put on my magnifiers like now, so I can see out of my left eye to type.... I get all dizzy and weird ( more than normal  :P ;D)  
Will have the left done this Thursday..so will be out of commission another week or so.. but then I will be back on and frisky.. LOL
I'm so out of the loop in here it will take me forever to catch up but after a few weeks ..I'll give it my best shot to do so..  ;D
Good night...........
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Hang in there! We'll spice things up and hiss like cats so you have  fun things to read when your eyes are ready to work together.

Ms Bear

Isn't it wonderful to be able to see.  Will you have to wear glasses?  Had Cataracts removed 6 years ago and what a difference.

Jo McDonald

This would be the ending to my day ~~~~~~~~~~~
Jo

I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point and was totally embarrassed.

The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"

..........so I shouted out my answer, and got asked to leave

Apparently the correct answer is:   Africa .

------

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk