Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Can't believe nobody commented on:

QuoteJo, we enjoyed our visit, and I didn't even notice your socks!  Darn--miss out on that

The "Darn" was pretty good!  :D    :D   :D

What I really want to say, however, is that checking in on the forum at the end of the day, or anytime, is kind of like sitting down for a visit with an old and dear friend. I don't post much, but I read regularly. All you guys are friends, and it's very comforting to visit.

So . . . thank you, Teresa and Kjell, for sharing with us and allowing us to share with each other.
'tis good.
:angel:

Teresa

Well another day gone and it is about time for me to do a bit of work and then get to bed.
Watched Duet tonight and even though we saw Dave for a split second.. didn't get to hear him sing tonight. so guess he will probably be in the batch that is on the 2 hour show on Friday.
I will tape and watch every single show and keep my fingers crossed on how he does.

Anyway.. have a big day tomorrow.. massages in the morning and then I have to go to the chiropractor in the afternoon, plus I get to write a check to the IRS and pay them more money..and send in my taxes.  ( I'm soooo excited...... NOT)

I hope everyone rests well tonight..
G'night everyone ...

"I remember a day in hot summer back during the Depression when we all wished Waltons Mountain was a mile higher so its cool shade would reach us sooner. Growing up in those long-gone days I took for granted the discomfort of a hot summer, but as a novice writer I took it as my duty to question other things, like sin, and what made a sinner. Trouble was no one seemed to agree".

"The memory of those days is with me still. It makes me laugh sometimes to think how innocent a boy I was, sometimes cruel, and pompous, and sometimes loving and wise like my parents. And remembering those long-gone days I'm grateful they were mine".

Ben: John-Boy? D'you think I could be a preacher when I grow up?
John-Boy: You want to be?
Ben: That's what I need to ask you about.
John-Boy: Well what, Ben?
Ben: Is a preacher allowed to like liquorish whip as much as praying?
John-Boy: I wouldn't let that stop you, Ben. Goodnight, now.
Ben: Goodnight.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I'm here in Wichita at my families.  Had a great trip.  Stopped in Howard for a visit with Wilma and Archeobabe at Poplar Pizza. Good Night Elk Co.

Teresa

Roma. I hope your trip is fun and relaxing.

We are in the middle of a filming project and we're hoping the wind doens't blow us away. Been a big day and have another one in the morning.. so I will bid you all a good night and sweet dreams.

"There was beauty on Waltons Mountain at any time of the year, but looking back the time I treasure most is Spring, when the days were growing longer and the promise of Summer was ahead. They were the kind of days made for dreaming, but being the oldest of seven children during the Depression didn't leave much time for daydreams. But somehow we always made time.

Elizabeth: John-Boy.
John-Boy: Yes honey?
Elizabeth: Do flowers talk?
John-Boy: I don't know Elizabeth, why?
Elizabeth: I kissed a hollyhock today, I thought I heard something whisper. What do you think?
John-Boy: I think if we learn to listen we could hear all kinds of miracles.
Elizabeth: Goodnight, John-Boy.
John-Boy: Goodnight Elizabeth.

Teresa

Good night everyone.
I am totally smack tired out! There isn't a wiggle left in my old tired sore body.  :'(
Unbelievable last 60 hours.. and about 8 hours sleep is all I've had..

Have to be up EARLY again as I have to be in ElDorado at 8 in the morning..but I have work to do before I can leave here.
so my tired old butt is heading to the shower.. and then to bed.

Gosh... I'll maybe get 5 hours tonight.. What a treat!  ::)   ;D

Sweet dreams and all that jazz...

flo

NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP I am sure tired tonite and don't think I'll have any problem closing my eyes.  good night everyone and AOYP :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

Quote from: Teresa on May 08, 2008, 10:46:03 PM...   Gosh... I'll maybe get 5 hours tonight.. What a treat!  ::)   ;D...

Teresa, You are NUTS!  I don't know how you keep running 80mph!  Ha!

Yesterday I mowed (and mowed, and mowed). ;)  Today I cut brush till I was too tired to cut anymore. :angel:  Our gray wild kitty, Lester, decided to keep me company and kept trying to catch the end of the loppers through the grass & leaves, so i had to be extra careful not to "trim his nails" on accident.  :-\  The yellow, Fifi, sat in the shade at a distance and supervised. 8)

Tonight Marty finished tilling our garden and ran the harrow over it.  Tomorrow I'll see what I can get planted and try to get most of it done... If I can wiggle tomorrow after the stiff muscles settle in from today. ;)  And if it doesn't rain so much I have to wear a life jacket out there.

The stuff we've already planted is doing really great and I'm excited to get more of it done.  A "friend" gave Marty a big bag of okra seed...  :P
That's okay, I love to grow egg plant because it is pretty, but never eat it either... ???

Tobina+1

Joanna; you can donate your orkra and eggplants to a good cause... ME!  I love 'em both!  I'm mostly planting tomatoes and cucumbers this year; got tired of making garden boxes and hauling dirt.  I'll add more next year, maybe, and keep expanding the veggie line.

Joanna

Sounds good to me Tobina!  Marty says summer is the only time country folk lock their doors ~ to keep neighbors from leaving them zucchini all over the place.  Ha!  I guess if you find veggies on your porch someday... ::)

Teresa

Good night everyone..

Rains are coming..and tornado watch in effect until early this morning. Lightening and Thunder is just awful tonight, so I'm going to turn my computer off at the power source.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk