It sounds like a choir, it sounds like angel music.

Started by Ross, December 30, 2013, 07:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

The Sound of Crickets Slowed Way Down
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is strange but very calming, so I hope I am okay with posting at this location.
If not let me know and I will remove it. I thought some of you might enjoy this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A composer by the name of Jim Wilson has recorded the sound of crickets and then slowed down the recording, revealing something so amazing. The crickets sound like they are singing the most beautiful chorus in perfect harmony.  Though you may think it is human voices, everything you hear in this recording is in-fact crickets themselves!

Tom Waits (on Jim Wilson): "Wilson, he's always playing with time. I heard a recording recently of crickets slowed way down. It sounds like a choir, it sounds like angel music. Something sparkling, celestial with full harmony and bass parts - you wouldn't believe it. It's like a sweeping chorus of heaven, and it's just slowed down, they didn't manipulate the tape at all. So I think when Wilson slows people down, it gives you a chance to watch them moving through space. And there's something to be said for slowing down the world."

The Sound of Crickets Slowed Way Down

http://www.realfarmacy.com/crickets-slowed-down-sounds-like-people-singing/

Judy Harder

Ross, thank you for posting that. Yes, here is the perfect spot.
I must say that would bring my blood pressure down no matter where it was.

One of my favorite sounds of summer are of crickets and all the other night time insects. This is beautiful. Thank you. Oh, and post anytime you want. Long as it is pleasant and good for this site.

God does like us sharing. Good as well as not so good.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk