my paintings

Started by archeobabe, November 14, 2007, 06:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Bud is just keeping daughter from doing what she wants to do.

archeobabe

Bud lets us know that it is time to set down and give him some attention or he feels that we rest in the recliners.

Tobina+1

Oh that Bud... he's just a COPY CAT!!!   ;D ;D ;D

archeobabe

Here is another painting I did for my painting class.  It's done in oil on a 8X10 masonite board.  The photo is one that I took in Wichita for my photo class.  The building is located on the corner of Emporia and Williams.  I thought that it was going to be torn down for the arena site which it would be a shame.  It was a dance studio possibly in the 1930s then a funeral parlor.  Now, it had been spared from the wrecking ball.  A antique dealer bought the building and is planning to restore it, put in an antique store on the ground floor, and apartments on the second floor.

Wilma

She is going to turn this painting the right way when she gets on again.  The unique thing about this painting is that the building disappears when viewed from a few feet away.  At ten feet it looks like an uninteresting landscape, then when one gets close, the building appears.  It was supposed to be titled "Ghost Building", then they decided to save the building and it won't be a ghost.  Wish you all could see it that way.  Unfortunately the illusion doesn't show up in the photograph.

Diane Amberg

I'm sure glad you explained that. I thought the perspective was a little uh, unusual  ;D

archeobabe

Here is the right view of the "Ghost Building".

Diane Amberg

Thanks!  Yesterday I turned my lap top on its side and used a magnifying glass to really look at it.  I really enjoy the clever idea.  Have you hung that one in a show?  It would show well, I think . Old fashioned, yet very modern at the same time.

archeobabe

No, I haven't have any of my paintings in shows.  But I had my paintings critique by other instructors at Wichita State University and they gave me encourgement to further my paintings.  One of the instructors suggested that research the photos of school and other buildings to get their history and possible write a book on the subjects.

archeobabe

I, also, take photos of objects and houses that I find very interesting.  The first photo is of a house in Howard that was possibly built in the late 1800s or in the early 1900s.  The second photo is of glass prisims arranged in the shape of a snowflake placed on a glass plate with light beneath.  I used 35mm camera on all my black and white photos.  It took two semesters to understand and manage the camera, enlarger, and developing photos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk