Looking for Information on Benjamin Smith and Ida Norris Smith

Started by Judy Moffit, September 22, 2007, 03:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Moffit

My Grandmother was born in Howard Kansas on March 26, 1884. Her fathers name was Benjamin Smith and her mothers name was Ida Norris Smith. My Grandmothers nick name was Molly. She married Fremont Malcolm in Cherokee Kansas on Dec. 25, 1899 at the age of 15.
She had at least 5 sisters- Mabel Smith married name Norris, Anna Smith married name Huford, Minnie Smith married name Bennet, Opal Smith married name White, Dorthy Smith married name Tyson.
She also had at least 2 brothers Dewey Smith and Edward Smith
I know that they all moved away from Howard, my Grandmother moving to Cherokee Kansas and then on to Peoria Ill. where she died July 21, 1963 . Mabel and Anna moved to Hollywood Ca. Minnie to Waterloo Iowa and Opal stayed somewhere in Kanas, and Dorthy moved to Mack-Creek Mo. Dewey moved to Peoria Ill. and Edward to Mack-Creek Mo.
I do not know if Benjamin and Ida stayed in Howard or not.
If anyone has any information on any one in this family I would really like to hear it. The information that I have is from my Grandmothers obit.

ddurbin

Judy,
I subscribe to Ancestry and can probably be of help on some of these people.  I've already
located Benjamin and Ida and family in the 1885 and 1895 Kansas census's.  They were in
Elk Falls township, Elk Co., in 1885 with daughters M. M. age 4; Minnie age 2; and Mary(your
grandmother) age 11 months.
In 1895, they have moved to Cherokee in Crawford County, and in addition to Mabel, Minnie
and Mary, they also have Charlotte age 9; Edward, age 6 and Benjamin age 2. 
I also found Mary and Fremont Malcolm in the 1920 U.S. census in Peoria , Ill. with 11 children.
If you want to discuss all this in more detail, my email is ddurbin1@cox.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk