Mary "Toots" Giesy

Started by giester2, September 07, 2007, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giester2

Hi Everyone,

I was curious about how many people on here knew or was a student of my grandmother Mary "Toots" Giesy.

I ask this question because I would like to hear some stories about her, and share the stories with her.  I have an opportunity to go visit her in October (probably for the last time, she has leukemia) and I thought it would be neat to take some memories to her.

Any stories would be okay, and if you could put your real name with it that would be helpful.

I plan to make a little book for her, so pictures could be nice too!

Thanks for any and all help in this little project,

DeAnne Giesy Viveney

ps in the attachment grandma toots is in the left
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Ole Granny

DeAnne,
Sorry to hear about your grandmother.  My sister told me about her this past weekend.  My dad had leukemia so we understand what she is going through.  He was much younger but his sister also had leukemia late in life. 

Mary was never my teacher but remember her as a very happy and friendly person. I probably spent more time with her at Toot's than in the school setting. Butter Pecan Sundaes. She raised some pretty special kids (Your dad included). :) I was about to email  you to see if you thought she would apprecaite a Card Shower from the forum or Elk County. We lived across the street from Maureen growing up and her son, David, was my ring bearer.  All three of her kids are like family to us.  Jim's family became famiily and each of them thoughtful and caring people.

Enjoy your visit with her.  She will enjoy everyone coming to see her. 

We'll be thinking of you. 

Ole Granny
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

giester2

My dad said that a card shower would be wonderful.

Being that she does have leukemia and is in hospice care, we were thinking of instead of "get well" cards, "thinking of you" cards would be more appropriate.

Cards may be sent to

Ann Giesy
c/o Madonna Manor
      1335 Byron
      Salinas, CA 93901
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk