Structure on the old dam road

Started by Teresa, September 05, 2007, 09:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Susan,

You can start her out in the kiddie pool -  ;D   ;D   ;D

And Janet,

You can always learn to swim and float on your back.
That way your face is never IN the water!  :D  :laugh:  :D

Roma Jean -

My youngest is allergic to chlorine. The Howard City Pool uses a kind that
he can tolerate. He was even on the swim team a couple of years.

When he first started swimming, however, we would douse him with meds
so he could get in the water, and then he'd still end up puffy-faced and red-eyed.

He still has a reaction, but it's very mild.

Judy -

Susan is such an awesome teacher - I've seen her in action with the kids and water -
she can teach ANYONE to swim. She somehow is able to relate to whatever their
fears are and address them while focusing on the strengths.

All of my kids, even the ones with disabilities, were able to learn to swim with Susan's
instructions (or from the lifeguards with her guidance).

Come on over next summer and join us!  ;)

Hey, Susan -

I think you're good!  :D  :angel:  :laugh:

Jo McDonald

My Daddy was a strong swimmer - but Mama was not a "Water Lover".  Daddy would let us get on his back and he would swim all around - in the river and creeks - and Mama would stand on the bank and Yell, "Carl, that is far enough - bring her back"  He wanted to teach us, but she was just so afraid, that the learning never came to pass.  I so wanted to know how --I did learn to float and "dog paddle",  then along came Fred.  He is an excellent swimmer - I finally learned to put my face in the water and I can swim as long as I don't have to raise my head for very long, but as sure as I do then my feet start down and pull the rest of me with them.  I CAN NOT seem to master treading water...Doesn't that sound dumb?  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong-- Teresa, Sherri and Fred have all tried to teach me, but the legs start down, the butt goes next and before you know it, my feet are on the bottom.
  Sooooo Susan  ----  I need your expert help -- maybe someday~~~~~~~~~~~``
But every child should know how to swim ...I stand on the side and admire my girls,  husband and grand children..I am the one that can grab the life preserver and give it a fling if they should need one.  I love to water ski - fish - and do everything there is to do that
is around water and I have no fear of it whatsoever .  Goofy, huh?   lol 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

I took life guard training years ago and acted as a substitute lifeguard from time to time. I can water ski too. Hey Janet, it's Reach, Throw, Row, Go. You definitely can learn to swim.... You need to believe you can and trust your instructor. Susan sounds perfect! 8)  Jo, it sounds like you have what we call "Lead Butt" syndrome.  ;D. You need to pull your legs together with more force. Once you get the idea, you should be able to tread water without using your arms at all. I know Susan could teach you.

Jo McDonald

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Diane you described my butt perfectly  ohhhh  how I wish it were made of a "floatie" substance   hahahahaha
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk