Question?

Started by Wilma, August 15, 2007, 12:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Is it possible for one poker player to have 4 aces and his opponent to have a royal flush?  Same hand.  I always thought the royal flush had to include the ace of that suit.

giester2

Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Wilma

I don't think so.  This was a soap opera situation.  I thought I heard them say 4 aces, then the winning hand was a royal flush.  The hands weren't clearly visible when they were shown.  The dealer at one time said "a possible 4 aces and a possible royal flush".  If there was a wild card, I didn't catch it.  There was 10 million dollars lost on that hand.  Just a soap, but it would be interesting if it came out that the deck of cards was defective.  I don't think either of the 2 ladies that were playing would cheat.

giester2

Okay, the way they said the hand (possible royal flush, possible four aces) they are probably playing Texas Hold'em poker.  In Texas Hold'em you have 2 cards in your hand, and 5 cards on the table that are shared by everyone.  So one player could hold 2 aces in their hand and use two aces on the table, and the other player could be holding a 10, J, and use a K, Q, Ace, off the table too.
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Wilma

So, it would be possible if the game were Texas Hold 'em?  I know that is what one of the ladies was being tutored in before the game.  So now, I will have to watch to see how they get out of this one.  Thank you.

flo

love to play texas hold'em
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Prefer the old fashioned way where I get to hold all my cards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk