Horning Family Reunites in Moline

Started by kfclark, July 28, 2007, 10:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

Over 30 descendants of Katherine "Katie" (Urban) and Henry Horning came together over the weekend of July 20-21, 2007 to celebrate being a family and catch up on what is going on with our extended family.

Katie and Henry had eight children; William, John, Minnie Bruner, Jessie Snair, Hubert, Mary Clark, Walter and Edwin. Here is a list of those who were able to attend this year.

Minnie Bruner's Family -
Frank Bruner of Winfield, Rod Bruner of Moline, Alan & Yemmy Bruner of Wichita and their sons Camilo and Nicolas and several of Yemmy's extended family, Perry Bruner of Ponca City, Tamra Lane Bruner of Ponca City, Jessica, John and Braden Abel of Fort Riley and Josh Bruner stationed on the USS Constitution in Boston. 
Betty and Carol Hornbuckle of Howard.
George K. and Darlene Bruner of El Dorado, Kenna Bruner and a friend from Colorado, Stephanie (Darwin) and Steve Davis of El Dorado.
Mary Thiessen, Patty and John Haugsness of Hutchinson

Jessie Snair's Family -
Jean Horn of Moline

Mary Clark's Family -
Charles and Kevin Clark of Cedar Park, TX

Walter's Family -
David Baird of Kansas City, Priscilla Leffler of Sanford Florida, Olive and Rick Pollak of Florida, plus Rick's parents Dody and Frank, Pollak of Florida.

The family and friends met for a BBQ and Potluck Dinner at the Bruner Farm south of Moline on Friday evening and then met Saturday morning for pastries, coffee, and fellowship followed at noon by a Roast Beef and Fried Chicken dinner catered by Poplar Pizza of Howard.

Click http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/ for a link to Photos from the Reunion.

The Horning Reunion is traditionally held on the third Friday/Saturday of July every other year.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Janet Harrington

Kevin,

What a great picture.  I see you had your dad in a wheel chair this time.  Hope things are going well for everyone.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kfclark

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 01, 2007, 08:09:00 PM
I see you had your dad in a wheel chair this time.  Hope things are going well for everyone.

Dad and I had a wonderful trip. Far too short, but we had a great time.  This time I insisted he use the wheelchair and he did not resist. It made him more mobile but he is a proud man and it is hard for him to "look" weak.  Except for not getting my Fudge Monkey at Toot's it was a pretty good trip.

We stayed in Winfield and I must say that the view from the Elk County Line looking towards Grenola to the East has got to be one of the prettiest sights I have ever seen. When I tell people my family are all from Kansas they invariably say, "Eeeew, Kansas is so flat" and I reply not in the Flint Hills it's not.

I've updated my website with new links to my Facebook Albums so if you want to see more pictures of the reunion.  Have at it.

Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk