How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

< smile >

I think we're all going to favor our local crabs.

Having no current local crabs, I am falling back on my most recent local crab.

Oddly enough, I'm not a big King Crab fan. I have no idea why. I will, of course, ingest it but it would never be my first choice and it is the only crab you can commonly get in Kansas.

Rudy Taylor

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Oh,sure... your glasses need checking! A sassy smart alec maybe... blushing.

Rudy Taylor

I meant you're lovely when holding a delicious looking crab!

Still, take away the crab and I still see a beautiful person who seems to enjoy life to its fullest.

Have you ever tried a crab and frog legs stir-fry?

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

I've had both, but not together. Daddy loved frog legs. I did eat that crab and it was delicious. We went to a conference that was held down state and a crab fest was held at the armory one evening. There were a lot of people who came down from New England( and other areas too) that knew what do do with a lobster, but were clueless on how to open a crab and what to eat. We gave lessons.

kdfrawg

I love both crab and frog legs. However, after spending some time with Mustang Sally, I am no longer able to eat the latter. Sally patiently explained to me (and whoever else would listen) that one should not eat one's own totem. Since I was the frawg, I could not eat frog legs. Then she proceeded to tell me that most people are given several totems on the journey through life.

As you would expect, she went on to divine my other totems. The first was Horse. The second was Beaver. The third was Eagle. I think she was trying to butter me up. (no pun intended) However, at least she did not name anything that I would normally expect to eat as a totem. I don't know how I would have made it through life if she had named lobster, salmon, and ice cream.

;)

Diane Amberg

Tell me about Mustang Sally.

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk