#77 For Contacting Law Enforcement

Started by frawin, July 27, 2007, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Wouldn't you stop a car that had a Frawg behind the wheel?

kdfrawg

Not necessarily.

The turn signal incident happened many years ago, on a short stretch of interstate highway between Cheyenne and Denver, at about 3:00 in the morning. The North end of that is one of those interchanges where lanes appear and disappear at their own discretion. I stayed in the same lane until it was done being weird and that lane happened to be the left lane northbound. I had not seen another set of lights for fifty miles, so I just eased over into the right lane, which had just appeared.

About a mile later I got pulled over and ticketed for not signaling that lane change. The nice officer was not made nicer when I asked him if he got lonely working out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, because I could not think of another reason for him to pull me over. Does a turn signal make light of there is no one else there? He was not a philosopher.

;)

Diane Amberg

I wish that officer would come here. Our people are very poor at using turn signals and I wish some would get picked up.

kdfrawg

I wish he would have been there, too.

;D

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Jo McDonald on July 29, 2007, 10:55:50 AM
Thanks, Janet !  That is so good to know, for years I worried myself sick about Sherri traveling such long distances by herself - and her travel times would always run into the late night hours --- Now, I worry about Tania and Teri.......Guess there will always be some of "my little girls" to worry about.
Hopefully they will read your knowledgeable information here on the forum, and tuck it away in their "How to be safe" file in their pretty little heads.

This reminds me of when I was sheriff and Mom and Dad lived south of Haysville.  If I had some kind of meeting in Hutchinson or Salina, I would usually try to stop at their house or meet them somewhere for supper.  When it was time to go, Mother would always say, "Call me so I know you got home."  Of course, me being me, I said to my mother, "I drive a marked patrol car.  I carry a gun.  I have a radio in my car.  I have a cell phone.  What idiot in their right mind would want to fool with me?"  She still wanted me to call.

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 29, 2007, 03:59:12 PM

"  I carry a gun.   What idiot in their right mind would want to fool with me?" 

I've seen you shoot... ::) Not exactly Annie Oakley.. LOL

(soory.. couldn't got to bed without saying something mean to Ta Ta..  ;D )

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I can't shoot like Annie Oakley because I don't wear a fringed leather dress.

Mom70x7

There are several people here who could probably locate a fringed leather dress for you.

;D   ;D   ;D

Janet Harrington

kdfrawg

Did somebody hear a little voice whispering "No?"

It must have been my imagination...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk