Author Topic: advertisment for mercantile store  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Janet Harrington

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: advertisment for mercantile store
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2007, 08:37:10 pm »
Rudy,

WOP biscuits are the biscuits that you buy in the store in the container that you WOP against the cabinet to get them open.

Offline Wilma

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2007, 08:57:15 pm »
Rudy, don't tell me you have never had wop biscuits,  but then, if your wife is a good cook, she has never had to use wop biscuits.  Me, I've never made a decent biscuit from scratch, but I am really good at putting frozen ones in the oven.

kdfrawg

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:20 pm »
I have been known to make proper biscuits. But bread products are hardly my specialty. So I have also used what I used to call biscuits-in-a-tube, more often than not. I never have trusted my biscuit ability for guests.

Offline Jo McDonald

• Top Forum Member
  • Life Is Good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2007, 09:20:08 pm »
No WOP biscuits from my kitchen and none from Teresa and Sherri either ----Only the real McCoys -- or McDonalds      umm-umm Good!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
 THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2007, 09:28:02 pm »
So, is that something that you can share, or do you have to be there? Most of the dishes that I make, and that people want again and again, I have no recipe for. I've been doing them for so long that I just do them. I don't measure, I don't do anything but cook. After I left California, one of my friends there insisted that I send them the recipe for what I call Veal Kermite', obviously a dish I made up myself, in this case by combining a couple of other recipes and then refining the combination. The only way that I could send them the recipe was to have someone watch me cook it and write everything down. Is that the way right proper biscuits are?

???

Offline flo

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2007, 11:25:12 pm »
Jo, go to the recipes and click on (2) and biscuits and you'll see where the WOP biscuits come in.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Offline Jo McDonald

• Top Forum Member
  • Life Is Good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2007, 01:29:28 pm »
Oh, Flo, I think I do remember Teresa telling me about that --- but I have slept since then and the memory just did not click in.   How funny ... you are a mess, girl.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
 THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!