Another Newbie: Diane Amberg

Started by Wilma, July 01, 2007, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Welcome, welcome, welcome, Diane.  Please feel free to post whenever and wherever you want.

Teresa

Welcome Diane..
Join right in and you will find that this forum  is addictive.  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Welcome, Diane.  Ms. T is right.  This forum is addictive.  However; we will start offering classes to fight that addiction soon.  (I'm just kidding).

Mom70x7

Welcome, Diane -

and, Janet, are all addictions bad? Are there ever good addictions?  :D

Janet Harrington

To answer Mom70X7's question...Are all addictions bad?  No.  Addict can mean to devote or surrender.  However; in today's society, what comes to mind when someone says something about addiction?  One thinks of a compulsion or obsession that is harmful to self.

addiction 

Main Entry: ad·dic·tion 
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈdik-shən, a-\
Function: noun
Date: 1599
1: the quality or state of being addicted<addiction to reading>
2: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

addict[1,transitive verb] 

Main Entry: 1ad·dict 
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈdikt\
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin addictus, past participle of addicere to favor, from ad- + dicere to say — more at diction
Date: 1534
1 : to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively <addicted to gambling>
2 : to cause addiction to a substance in (a person or animal)

Judy Harder

Welcome to you Diane Amberg.

so far today I did go to church and I did ride around looking at the flooding.
Also walked the dog and the rest of the day I have sat here.

I did do a couple of my crossword games and I am going to do a jigsaw in a little bit.
but,can't seem to get off of this site.

I think I am very glad there isn't a chat room..............I would never shut down........LOL.......now don't tell me there (is) a chat room.......
Close enough. Glad you are here Diane..........

OH, is there a spell check on this letter head.........some days I need the help.....when fingers/mouth goes faster than the brain.
Hugs to all and God bless
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Mom70x7

Quoteis there a spell check on this letter head

No - we have Janet!  ;D   ::)   ;D 

Wilma

Janet Harrington

Yep.  I'm addicted to spelling things right.  Sorry about that.

No spell check, but we won't say very much.  Most of the time things are typo's anyway, Judy.

Joanna

Welcome Diane Amberg.  What a great place you've found! ;D 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk