High water

Started by okiemon, June 29, 2007, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiemon

First bridge east of Longton on 160 and the falls at Elk Falls at around 7 this morning. I've got about 6.5 inches at Elk Falls since Wednesday.

Wilma

Wonderful pictures.  That is the way I like my high water.  In pictures.  My river is down this morning as it has stopped raining and the sun is trying to come out.  I suppose you know that part of that water in Elk River is from my river.  Should have sent out a rubber duckie.

kdfrawg

That is truly some serious water. That's Wilma's water plus all of Wilma's neighbors water plus a whole lot more. That's starting to look like dangerous water.

:(

Teresa

I'm getting ready to go out right now and video and take pictures. Kjell will be ready in 30 minutes and the boys are already out to the farm moving the wood pile at the TOP of the lake.
The water has never been higher.. I will have a video later  on this day..
Supposed to have a 2-3 hour window of no rain and then it is supposed to start again and rain until tomorrow..
There are roads here that have never flooded that re closed. I have to drive through one to get to the farm that has about 2-3 ft of water over it... BUT... the news MUST be reported... and "Scoop Gunny" will get the news no matter what!
( ::) ohhhh brother... I am really out there this morning) ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

See, I told you that we'd be calling you Gunny.  ;o)

flo

Teresa, be sure to get a picture of the farm ground around the Cookson Watershed.  Marvin ck'd on his way home from pumping out my basement.  Said their newly planted crops are under SEVERAL FEET of water.  AND speaking of pumping out my basement, he got the drain to working again, but I just checked and another 1/2" in the rain gauge.  I said this weather is only fit for ducks and fish.  Ain't so sure even the ducks would like this.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

The Cookson lake IS what we call "The Farm!  lol

That is where I will be going... or where I have been.
Have all the pictures and I am starting to make the video'...

Stay tuned.. and it is unbelievable...!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

I'm waiting patiently - and OMG as I type this I hear the rain again - maybe I'll go get a couple of cotton balls and put in my ears and pull the drapes so I can't see out

Wilma

That's no fun.  I was just wishing this broken venetian blind behind my computer would work so I could watch the water coming down.  Nothing like a good storm when you don't have to be out in it.

flo

sorry, Wilma, but this rain has CEASED to be fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk