Urine Test

Started by Teresa, May 31, 2007, 04:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I got this from a friend of mine...
HAD to pass it on.. I am self employed, so I don't have to do this.. but I still agree 100%.

"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay
my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order
To get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I
have no problem. 

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who
don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to GET a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their
feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on
their ass.
Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people
had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check??!??!?

Something has to change in this country and soon!!!!! "
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Kjell H.

How about we pass a law that all Federal, State and Local legislators, all Governors and Mayors, and their subordinates, and the US President, VP, the President's cabinet and advisers, all the members of the President's administration, etc. must take and be required to pass mandatory random urine testing as well as passing a mandatory urine test prior to moving into any of the afore mentioned "Public Service" positions?

That law could only be passed by public referendum, because few in the above categories would pass or support that law.

That law might also "clean house" because many "Public Servants" would not want to be treated the same way as the public that they serve is treated.
Marshal Halloway

Wilma

That makes sense to me.  I could pass any kind of drug test, I think.  I don't think the blood pressure, cholestral, blood thinner, Tylenol, Aleve, muscle relaxant, migraine medication or Lortab would mess up a test, would they?  Maybe I should find out.  Hey, you medical types.  do I have anything to worry about?

Joanna

Wilma, I think you'd better stay away from urine tests for now.  The paperwork you'd have to fill out to get exceptions for your prescriptions would just make you have to take more pain relievers for the gigantic headaches.

I agree with Kjell, we won't get a law passed like that because the folks in the government that vote on it are not going to go through with it, even though it sounds good, till they figure a way around it for themselves first.  By that time it'll be so full of loopholes, it won't do any good.

Wow, I'm pretty pessimistic today, huh?

Wilma

Pessimistic but right.

Sarge

Start from the bottom up. First with all your city elected officials, then all your county elelcted officials. Once you get that done keep going. I'll vote for it.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

flo

:o ??? When I seen the subject for this, my first thought was OMG what is this bunch discussing now ! ! ! Just had to read and see  :laugh: :) Wonderful suggestions, but never happen - loopholes were made for those who want to break any law and get away with it, provided you are an illegal or have money.  The descent, law abiding citizens are the ones being abused.  We get up, go to work, pay our taxes, do without so "welfareites" can have, and yes, take our UA's as DEMANDED in order to "work here".  My only suggestion would be "SIT ON YOUR BUTT AND HOLLAR NO SPEAKA DA ENGLEESH"

Teresa

I got this from an email girlfriend buddy from Wichita.
We became friends after her sister sent some of her e-mails to me by mistake.
Her name is Teresa Miller.......which was what mine was at the time.. so for some weird cosmic mix up reason, we were getting each others mail.
But I got a friend out of it, so it was a good thing.:)

Anyway, I had sent this to a few of my friends via e-mail.. and I got this response.. so thought I would post it from her.

Hi Teresa, I just have to answer this one .
I agree with the urine tests for EVERYONE!  I do want to add... I work for the legal system, and though I'm not a bigot.. I am finding it very hard not to be upset with the Hispanic speaking people living in our America and NOT wanting to learn the language or even work for that matter.  (and when they protest because they want to be US citizens... they fly their Mexican flag and want to keep the Hispanic language.)

Our biggest clientèle in crime is the Hispanic (we've seen several gang type murders with juveniles 16 years of age).  Most of their parents cannot speak English... nor for that matter... most are not even living with parents.  A few are here illegally.  Anyway... they come into the courts... not speaking English and we as tax payers have to provide interpreters for them.  This is also going on in the schools.  Non speaking of English... so the much needed monies for teachers and better schooling is going towards interpreters or an aide to follow the non English speaking student around to  help them with classwork.

Okay... I've vented  :) (big smile).
I'm sorry... but when I think of urine tests/drug testing... my mind automatically goes to the juvenile court system where UA's and BA's are ordered and 98 percent of the time the juvenile does not pass them.  And most of the juveniles we've been receiving are of Hispanic ethnic.  Again.. not a bigot... but upset as to what's going on in front of our eyes and no one wants to do anything about it except "not make them upset" and treat them fairly.

*clearing throat... and biting tongue* :-X
The 'other Teresa"
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

got to add another two cents more - have a daughter living in Emporia.  A few years ago they built a new elementary school, and the community announcements on the marquee out front is all in spanish.  She called the school board office to ask why this was.  She was told that most of the population and students in that area were hispanic and spoke little or no english, so she told them "okay, then I can assume none of my tax dollars went to build this school?" - guess what their reply was. Yep, you're right.  I, too, am far from a bigot.  EXCEPT for those who insist on entering our country illegally and expecting to be treated like everyone else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk