ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

painted

Hello all ....    Peanut, I thought for sure your quote would be " good grief", or "happiness is..."  I  admire Ole Snoppy and lots of others.  The Duke is among the best.

Diane Amberg

Hello, RD Rhinestone Ranch. Do your steers have sparkly horns? Welcome and tells us a little about yourself.

CraigW

WOW!I just discovered this forum as I was looking for a history of Elk County. I am Craig Wilnerd, my parents, Everett (Tiny) and Carolyn Wilnerd still live on Oak Street. Sisters Susan Galvan and twin Carol Hernandez live in Howard as well. I went through all of school in the old buildings there- K through 12. I married Tracillia Moore (her mother owned Toot's for several years) in 1979 and just celebrated 31 years together. We have 2 daughters- Sharayah Smith, who is married with 1 daughter, lives in Dallas. Jessica is at home, works full time and is a Senior at WSU.
   Favorite memories of growing up in Howard:
  Sledding down the hill in front of the former Christian Church, running around with Buddy and Bruce Meisch, riding bikes down the hill at Perkins barn at the North end of Main Street with Mike Horseman and Lonnie Smith(I don't think we were supposed to be there), cruising up and down Main Street, Church dinners at the Christian Church, going to movies at the Theater, playing pool at Doug's Place with my sister Carol and Dad, swimming all summer long at the pool, meeting at Batson's to go to baseball games out of town, reading comic books at Batson's, working at batson's when I was a Freshman in High School ($1.60 per hour!), baseball, baseball, baseball, fishing and hunting with Dad, being taken out of school to go with Dad, High School yearbook and newspaper, band, plays at school. I have not thought about this stuff for years!

Mom70x7

Welcome, Craig!

You come from a good family - and didn't you just celebrate a birthday a week or two ago?

CraigW

yes, last Saturday, the 11th, was Carol and myself's 50th (is that proper English?). Carol and I were born in Norton, Kansas, which is also Susan and Lauri's birthplace as well as dad's. Tracillia and I  live in Wichita, which has been home to us since 1984 except for 3 years spent in Paris, Texas from 2002 to 2005. Tracillia works as a Taxpayer Advocate for the IRS and I am an Estimator/Project Manager for Midwest Drywall.
   Reading some of these posts from members brings back such good memories of home!

Diane Amberg

Your roots go very deep .You should be a real asset to this forum. Hi!

Janet Harrington

Welcome, Craig.  Wow, you did bring up some memories.  Reading comic books at Batson's.  I forgot we had comic books.  I worked there full-time from like around 1976 to 1979.  Something like that.  Carol worked with me as did Cindy Tharp Gragg.  Can't remember any others right now.  Working for John Batson was the best.  He was the best boss I have ever, ever had.

CraigW

I took Ray Harmon's place when he graduated from High School. Didn't your sister work at Batson's? Why don't I remember her name? Maybe she was your cousin? She married John Galardo? Anyway- I remember JoEtta Carter worked there and also Vivian, John Batson's sister. I remember 1 summer that John and his wife (Marge?) went to Hawaii and brought back Hawiian shirts for us all- matching, bright ORANGE Hawaiian shirts that looked more like an intense fireball. Man, those shirts were ugly but it was the thought that counted. More things I have not thought of for years!

Janet Harrington

My sister's name is Patti Gallardo.  She worked there before I did.  I think I might have taken her place, but I can't remember.  I worked with JoEtta and with Vivian.  Vivian works out at P & J's part-time.  JoEtta is living in El Dorado, I think.  This puts her close to Pam Carter Fickle, her youngest daughter, who lives around Towanda.  I didn't work with Ray Harmon.

upoladeb

Hi,I'm debbie kiesel,my husband hammer and i live out here in upola.We have no connection to elk county.God sent use here from western kansas ,I haven't figured out why yet.... but we'll see.He's a disabled Nam vet and I do what ever comes up.We love it around here.Hope to make some good friend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk