BEEF, it's what's for dinner!

Started by CrumCowgirlMama, May 02, 2007, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrumCowgirlMama

I am a member of the Kansas Cattlewomen, and I have a few super easy beef recipes to share with you all! These three recipes are my favorite, and they're soooo quick and easy!

Sloppy Joe Bake

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 lrg. yellow onion, chopped
2 cans (14-16 oz. each) sloppy joe sauce
3 cups uncooked rotini
1/2 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef with yellow onion in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour off drippings. Stir in sloppy joe sauce, rotini, and water.
Spray 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture into dish; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Lazy Beef Lasagna

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 TBSP. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 jar (26 oz) prepared pasta or marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 package (20-25 oz.) refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Brown beef with garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour off drippings.
Stir in salt, nutmeg, and pepper; mix well. Stir in pasta sauce and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Layer ravioli, beef sauce and cheese, 1/2 at a time, in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish; cover with alumnium foil. Bake in 400 degree oven 15 minutes. Uncover; continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender.

BBQ Cheeseburgers

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
Prepared barbecue sauce
4 slices Cheddar or American cheese
4 crusty rolls
Lettuce
Tomato slices

Combine ground beef and onion in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
About 1 minute before burgers are done, brush with barbecue sauce; top with cheese.
Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with burger. Close sandwiches!

MarineMom

Looks good I am going to try the Lasagna for dinner tomorrow :)

CrumCowgirlMama

That's great! It's super easy! I actually am making the Sloppy Joe bake right now, but I keep getting distracted by the internet..... 8)

Joanna

Yum!  I think I'll try the lasagna right away too.  I've made it with uncooked pasta before, but the cheese ravioli sounds much more tasty!  Maybe I'll substitute cheese tortellini since I have that already.  Thanks for the supper idea CrumCowgirlMama!  And a couple spares for later too.

Diane Amberg

I'm finally taking the time to read the tips and recipies. The Sloppy Joe Bake will be on my menu list for this week. Some day I'll share my Sloppy Rudolf recipe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk