HARDER. Judith "Judy" (Bates) - b. November 26, 1942 - d. January 3, 2020

Started by patyrn, January 15, 2020, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Judith "Judy" Harder, age 77, of Longton, Kansas, passed away January 3, 2020 at her home.  She was born on November 26, 1942 in Topeka, Kansas to George and Virginia (Tschantz) Bates.

Judy graduated from Seamon High School in Topeka and worked at Stormont-Vail Hospital as a nurse's aide where she met her future husband, Robert L. Harder.  They married in 1962 and moved to Independence, Kansas in 1966 where their children were born.  They later divorced, and Judy moved to Longton in 1978 where she lived until her passing.

Judy is survived by her daughter, Robyn (Jim) Coleman of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin; her son, David Harder of Florida; her brother, Michael (Diana) Bates of Topeka, Kansas; her sister, Bobbie Broadbent of Topeka, Kansas; four grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and numerous nieces and nephews.  She was preceded in death by her parents and her son, Robert "Bobby" Harder.

Cremation has been requested.  Memorial services will be held on Monday, January 20, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. at the Christian Community Church, 100 N. Kansas, Longton, Kansas.  Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.  In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that memorial contributions be made to the Christian Community Church or the American Cancer Society and can be mailed to the funeral home.  Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349 is in charge of arrangements.

(published in the Prairie Star - 01/15/2020)

Catwoman

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Tears.  Nothing but tears.  She was a truly incredible woman.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Diane Amberg

I just had time to catch up and I'm just shocked. I had been following her progress on facebook and thought she was doing amazingly well. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers to all of you who Knew her. She was so nice to Al and I when we visited out there some years ago. :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk